2015 Landmark 365 Newport (Front Bath)

jnspenc

BigSpenc
Ok, let's talk awning. Is it normal for the awning to develop air bubbles?? Seems that would weaken the material. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1429457541.337704.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

T

TomMontague

In my experience these type bubbles are typically associated with a camp fire that might have been too close. I'm not at all suggesting this is what happened in this case - just saying when I've seen these bubbles it's been because of heat from a campfire. I know this because it happened to me. :( who knew pallets burned so hot..... Oops

talk soon,
Tom

jnspenc

BigSpenc
No,,,,,no camp fire. This is the replacement awning that replaced my earlier post when I found a 2 X 2 inch hole in the original "new" awning.

T

TomMontague

You say that as if we might have put a used awning on your coach. I can assure you we did not. Damage or defects happen - it's under warranty - please take it to your dealer so we can get a claim going and get you an awning without defects.

Have be a great weekend.

talk soon,
Tom

jnspenc

BigSpenc
You say that as if we might have put a used awning on your coach. I can assure you we did not. Damage or defects happen - it's under warranty - please take it to your dealer so we can get a claim going and get you an awning without defects.

Have be a great weekend.

talk soon,
Tom

No Tom, I'm not saying that at all, in fact I was there at the dealer when they installed the replacement. What I am saying is that where ever you get these awnings, I think the material they use is not up to specifications as the older models of the Landmark. I had a 2011/2012 KeyLargo that I traded for the Newport. Of coarse the awning on the Key Largo was white and this new awning is colored black, it just looks like a thinner material than what was previously used.

T

TomMontague

Now I do agree with you in that regard. This is the awning we were using when I arrived. It's a dometic awning and not my personal favorite. I also don't like the black material. How can I pitch "energy efficient" with a huge black heat attracting blanket in the sky creating heat. I'll try and change it soon.

jnspenc

BigSpenc
Now I do agree with you in that regard. This is the awning we were using when I arrived. It's a dometic awning and not my personal favorite. I also don't like the black material. How can I pitch "energy efficient" with a huge black heat attracting blanket in the sky creating heat. I'll try and change it soon.

Yes, the white was better for cooling. That was my thought when I first saw it. The black looks ok, but, the white matches the color scheme of all the Newports, it would be much cooler under it. Too bad, if you do change the color, it won't effect me. I would want all covers changed to white, not just awnings but the slide covers as well.

Opinions please on tow rig for the 365. What changes were made on the 2015 vs. 2016 Newports.
I've see Gross Weight 17,500 on 2015 and GW 18,000 on the 2016.

We are shopping for a tow truck. Please advise. Thanks.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Minimum 1 Ton Dually from one of the big 3 (Ram, Ford, Chevy/GMC).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
A newer Dually. Don't be fooled by the dual wheels. No way our old 2004 could haul a 365 Landmark, would be over on truck GVWR and GCWR. (Though surprisingly not the RAWR).

Check out fifthwheelst.com for safe towing info. Don't believe what a truck salesman tells you, or an RV dealer tells you. They only see dollar signs.

Bones

A newer Dually. Don't be fooled by the dual wheels. No way our old 2004 could haul a 365 Landmark, would be over on truck GVWR and GCWR. (Though surprisingly not the RAWR).

Check out fifthwheelst.com for safe towing info. Don't believe what a truck salesman tells you, or an RV dealer tells you. They only see dollar signs.

Are the older ones out because of technology?

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
It's the weight limits of the truck. I bet the motors can pull it, but the axle ratings and payload specs of older trucks are usually not high enough. (The truck has to be able to carry the "load" of the pin, as well as separately be able to tow and stop the trailer weight.)

If the truck is overloaded, even if you think it tows fine, who knows in an emergency situation will the truck and trailer behave correctly!? Will the wear and tear on the vehicle due to overloading cause other failures?

It just makes sense to get a truck that fits the job.

We just upgraded to a to a 2016 Newport. We love it. I am towing with a 2015 Ram 3500 Diesel. This pulls like a dream. I highly recomend checking into a Dodge. I was a Chevrolet man for years but this Dodge is awesome.

- - - Updated - - -

We just upgraded to a to a 2016 Newport. We love it. I am towing with a 2015 Ram 3500 Diesel. This pulls like a dream. I highly recomend checking into a Dodge. I was a Chevrolet man for years but this Dodge is awesome.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
According to the 2015 Landmark brochure, the overall length is 42’9”.