20A Rear Stabalizer Fuse

LBallard

Having trouble locating the 20 amp fuse to the rear electric stabalizer on a 2012 Key Largo.

I've read numerous posts refering to "Rear stabalizer not working". I have 12v at the auto resetable fuse at the buss bar, and no voltage to the motor. The rear stabalizer is controlled thru the Level Up leveling system.

I took the motor off the stabalizer and it doesn't work as well. Probably take to a motor shop.

Any assistance on the physical location and description of the fuse (automotive type, in-line, etc.) would be greatly appreciated.

DougS

Doug S
I believe it is above the battery, very top. The rear stabilizer fuse should be the last fuse on the left. You can check the power to the stabilizers by operating the stabilizer through the manual settings in the Level Up. In January, my motor did not work, it was rusted inside the motor. I had a broken boot on the wire on the motor, and water from the tires while driving got into the motor.

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Can't explain why you don't have power at the motor, but the fact that the motor doesn't work in your "bench" test is no surprise. They are poorly sealed and the innards rust, primarily the flimsy springs for the brushes. I was able to resurrect mine by cutting down a spring from a ballpoint pen and replacing both brush springs with pieces of it. I sealed it using a wrapping of Rescue tape. Been working that way for two years.

danemayer

I have 12v at the auto resetable fuse at the buss bar, and no voltage to the motor. The rear stabalizer is controlled thru the Level Up leveling system.
Were you checking voltage at the motor while the Level Up System was trying to operate the motor?

We've had some prior discussions where people have looked for the fuse without success. It may actually just be the auto-reset 12V circuit breaker on the buss bar near the battery.

LBallard

Follow up :

I took the motor apart and lots of rust. One of the brush springs was broken. I took "Johndar" tip and replaced it with a ball point pen spring.

Reassembled and sealed all joints with gasket material. Tried to waterproof all.

It all works as advertised. Never did find a 20a fuse. Still not sure why I had no voltage at the end terminals.

Thanks for all.