30 amp adapter?

Dloebrich

We will be spending a few nights in a space with 30 amp service. I bought an adapter for our 50 amp plug to plug into 30 amp. Wondering how well this will work and if we should curtail our electrical use?

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
We are in Bedford at Friendship Village for the weekend. Only 30 amp service. I just keep an eye in the EMS and watch what we turn on at the same time. One AC, both fridges and hot water tank and we are at the limit. Shut something down and turn something on.

OEFVET

As already stated biggest draw is the AC. No more then one. When it turns on it will draw the most.

Sent from my XT1063 using Tapatalk

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Funny . . . we rarely ever run the AC.

Usually only when we are gone from the RV, we leave the AC on to keep our camper kitties comfortable!

When we are around the camper . . . the AC is off!

Birchwood

We are on 30 amp at our summer park for 6 months.We always have our hot water on propane and use one A/C at a time.
We are probably on our 8th pigtail over a 6 year period.We have also had to replace the 30 amp receptacle 3 times.
Some say they get wet and short and others say its overload.Who really knows? We are able to operate fireplaces ,heaters
large 4 door fridge and even power tools without problems.Our A/C is on most of the time as my wife has allergies and windows are never opened.

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Funny . . . we rarely ever run the AC.

Usually only when we are gone from the RV, we leave the AC on to keep our camper kitties comfortable!

When we are around the camper . . . the AC is off!

Yeah but you're up in those cool dry Colorado mountains (wish I was too) not back east here where it's been near 90* with 70+% humidity for the past week.
The BH becomes a sauna without some ac in this weather.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OEFVET

Can't wait to hear about your summer trip Travelin2. Sounds like it was a great one.

travelin2

Can't wait to hear about your summer trip Travelin2. Sounds like it was a great one.

Don't see your name on the roster for next weekend??

It was. Tough to condense 16 weeks into a manageable synopsis of everything we saw and did.

travelin2

Oh. Copy that.
We're going to Nashville in October. You??

OEFVET

No that trip is a little longer then a weekend and the wife can't get off from work.

travelin2

No that trip is a little longer then a weekend and the wife can't get off from work.

Well then I guess you'll hear about this year's trip next year!! Ha ha!
Safe travels.

macjj

As was stated watch your usage. If you have a fireplace, a portable heater, toaster, coffee pot, and even the TVs can push the usage. The AC is the biggest consumer, but I have tripped breakers because the fireplace was running, and the bride started the toaster.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pegmikef

Spent two plus years using our 30 Amp North Trail TT with a 15K btu A/C. You just have to be a little smart about what you run simultaneously . . . e.g., A/C electric skillet, and hair dryer won't make. To help carry the load I used to hook up a 12 gauge extension to the twenty amp 110 outlet in the pedestal and usually used it for high amperage kitchen appliances. Worked well.