3270re

Thehill

Greetings -
On our new fifth wheel there are two emergency exit windows, one behind the couch and the other in the bedroom. Neither have screens. Are they supposed to? The bedroom window is large & I want to use it for ventilation since there isn't a ceiling exhaust fan in there. Thanks in advance for your replies.

Gary521

I have a 2017 3270 and the rear window exit does not have a screen but the bedroom exit does have a screen. You may have a newer version that has changes.
I added a Fantastic fan to the bath to replace the noise maker that moves no air. This will exhaust heat from the bedroom.

CoveredWagon

We just picked up our 3270 last week. The emergency exit in the bedroom has a screen in the lower part of the window. It's a two piece unit. The bottom side of the door side rear window behind the couch is screened and opens.

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
​Our 3270RS has NO screen on the back window but DOES have a screen on the bedroom window. Our 3270RS is a 2016.

Our 2017 3270RS has bedroom screen but no screen on the exit behind the couch.

Mark & Peggy Turnbough
Bonne Terre, Missouri
2016 Ford F-250 Diesel
IMG_0132.JPG

CoveredWagon

Ours is a 2018. They eliminated the vent fan in the living area so I guess they figured we'd need a different escape route. 😂

NYSUPstater

Tho a BC 3560 SS, we, like others, have a screen in BR exit window and NO screen in LR exit window. Thought this to be odd as I was hoping it would open for ventilation like the window right next to it. Side windows don't open either at ends of couch----bummer.

Thehill

Thanks for the reply. Ours is also a 2018 & we were told since the ceiling construction was changed from earlier models, the new ones won't have a Fantastic Fan in the living area. Ours does. Go figure...

Ours is a 2018. They eliminated the vent fan in the living area so I guess they figured we'd need a different escape route. 😂

CoveredWagon

Thanks for the reply. Ours is also a 2018 & we were told since the ceiling construction was changed from earlier models, the new ones won't have a Fantastic Fan in the living area. Ours does. Go figure...

Go go figgered is right. LOL Our build date was 2/23/17. I know others who were gripped on the living room fan were quite unhappy. Let's say we weren't pleased but it is what it is. Anyway I wonder if Heartland refigured things and added it back in. Strangely enough it was only eliminated in 2 models. 3270 & the 3010. Oh and I did notice there was no reduction in the price I paid as ours was a custom order and ordered with that and a bathroom fan.

- - - Updated - - -

Tho a BC 3560 SS, we, like others, have a screen in BR exit window and NO screen in LR exit window. Thought this to be odd as I was hoping it would open for ventilation like the window right next to it. Side windows don't open either at ends of couch----bummer.

Our rear window screen is not on the exit side but on the left side as you face it