3670 Bighorn question

LMG

I posted several weeks ago about my 3670 Bighorn leaning to the off door side. I took it to the dealer and ask them to check the springs and anything else that could cause it. Their report was that all looked well and it was caused by the extra weight of 3 slides on one side. I asked them to check with the factory. Today they told me that Heartland Factory told them this model tends to lean because of the weight of the three slides. I don't know whether to believe they called the factory or not. I'm interested to know if other 3670 Bighorn owners are having this problem.

Thanks, Mike

Cyncwby

I don't blame you for questioning them....but, why don't you call the factory and get the straight scoop?? Now to me if that model or any model was too heavy on one side then the suspension should be compensated to take care of the extra weight....like an extra leaf spring or 2. No rig should go down the road leaning to one side, that is just total BS.......Call HEARTLAND and get it fixed........Dave

Paul & Nan

We have an 09 3670 and it does not lean, when slides are closed, just a tad of lean when open. If your lean is when closed I would be concerned. Nan

bsummit

Arkansas Chapter Leader-Retired
I have a 3670 and it does not lean. You have a problem and if the dealer said it was normal, he's crazy. Call heartland or Lippert.

Tom of Ypsi

Factory is closed tomorrow but you dealer is probably open. Call the dealer and find out who they talked to this way you can get to the truth. We have friends who have a 3670 and it does not lean.

lhetsler

No lean

I have to agree with others. There should be no lean. I have a 3670, 2008 and it does not lean.

tom p

tomp
I have a new(2009)3670rl BH and it does not lean when closed and if I am on a levev spot it is OK. 2002f350 crew drw diesel.Tomp

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
My 3670 also does not lean, whether parked and leveled or on the hitch. Going back to your earlier post about musty smells from under the lavatory sink, I found that the gasket under the sink drain flange was not installed properly. I found this due to seepage (aka. a puddle) under the sink on the shelf in the cabinet and observing a ridge of gasket sticking above the flange in the sink. Removed the fittings, fixed the gasket, and no more leak. That chipboard shelving can put up a pretty good musty odor when it gets wet...and swells.

SmokeyBare

One sure way to know how the weight is being handled with your RV... Get it weighed... find a location where they are weighing correctly each tire of the Fifth Wheel... and each tire of the Truck... Then the Truck with Out the Fifth Wheel hitched... that will give you... using a little math the pin weight of the Fifth Wheel.

Knowing those weights... each tire... your going to be better able to know where it's heavy... which side weighs more... You'll know if one axle is riding heavier than the other... if one side of the truck is riding heavier than the other....

I'm just saying... it's a far better understanding you'll have of your RV & Truck together once it's correctly weighed....

Some things can't be moved... but some can...

There is a Weighing Service at the Rally this next week in Goshen Indiana... with any luck we'll have one at every National Heartland Owners Rally to come as well. It's worth the small investment to know.

Marv

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
One sure way to know how the weight is being handled with your RV... Get it weighed... find a location where they are weighing correctly each tire of the Fifth Wheel... and each tire of the Truck... Then the Truck with Out the Fifth Wheel hitched... that will give you... using a little math the pin weight of the Fifth Wheel.

Knowing those weights... each tire... your going to be better able to know where it's heavy... which side weighs more... You'll know if one axle is riding heavier than the other... if one side of the truck is riding heavier than the other....

I'm just saying... it's a far better understanding you'll have of your RV & Truck together once it's correctly weighed....

Some things can't be moved... but some can...

There is a Weighing Service at the Rally this next week in Goshen Indiana... with any luck we'll have one at every National Heartland Owners Rally to come as well. It's worth the small investment to know.

Marv

Perhaps, if he's loaded it incorrectly with a lot of stuff. But, brand new out of the box, it should not lean. When we hauled ours north to its summer location, we had all of our "stuff" in it. Stopped at two rest stops on the way and there was no lean or anything out of level between it and the TV.