6 Point LevelUp - Worth getting?

jnbhobe

I have had it since it came out and wouldn't be without it, Its great for changing tires too. Its a lot more expensive now than when I got it.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I think if I were to get another rig, it would have level up. I've had the hydraulic front legs for 2 years and initially, it popped during overnight cooler and daytime warm temperature changes. At times, this popping would wake me at night. I believe, after being in recent cool nights and warm days, the popping in my rig is gone. Why? Not sure, but it hasn't popped in almost 7 months. This leads me to believe that it may be due to minute (very small) amounts of air in the hydraulic system. The air might just make it easier for the temperature changes to cause the jacks to extend and retract a bit causing the pop. I'm no expert so this is just an opinion. Early on in the level up timeframe, tere were a few issues with the control board and programming but I haven't heard of any recent issues lately. Go for it!

danemayer

With respect to popping noise, it's not limited to 4 point or to 6 point. Some have noise; others don't. Some have had success mitigating the noise; others not so much.

Of those who have an auto-leveling system, I think it's fair to say that very few would buy another trailer without it.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I am one of those that would not be without it.
I can live with a few noises and I am sure that Lippert will have a fix for it someday.
When doing brake or bearing maintenance it don't get any easier. Push one button an the wheels are off the ground.
Only you can decide if its worth it for you.
Oh, did anyone mention that once you pull into your RV site you can be leveled in under a minute?
No more levels or dragging around leveling blocks or pulling on to them.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

kakampers

Past Heartland Ambassador
Yes!! Have had it on two different rigs now and would not be without it. Had popping on the first one...shortened the stroke of the pistons with six by six blocks and that stopped the popping. Have not experienced popping on the new Landmark.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
The levelup system is by Lippert. There is another you might look into and that is Bigfoot by Quadra Manufacturing... They have been in the business for a long time.

I have had no problems with the Bigfoot leveling system..

I would not be without an auto leveling system.

BC

Pizzaguy

I have a love/hate relationship with the level up. I love how easy it is to set up and level the camper, but really hate it when the popping noise wakes you up at night or when campers next to us ask " What the heck was that noise?" I hope Lippert not only finds a cure soon, but fixes all of our rigs with the problem.