86 outside, but only down to 80 inside!! How do the zones work on the thermostat?

Nuclearcowboy

My 2016 3270RS is the same as Toy1Ton. Bedroom and living area are separate from each other.
Our 3270RS had the ducting cross-tied such that either unit cooled both bedroom and living/kitchen areas.

One thing that we learned the hard way is that you need to clean the return filters very often. The returns on our previous and current BH are on the starboard(right) side of the unit and you have to pop the duct covers off and wash out the installed nylon type foam filters or you will significantly affect air flow. Seems like we cleaned our filters at least monthly.

Crossbow

Has anyone tried to create a half-height air flow diverter that would mount perpendicular to the ducting at the trailing edge of the middle vent? What I'm thinking is that cold air passes directly over the vent and doesn't "sink" into the room. An angled air flow diverter, configured to trap and redirect a portion of the cold air at the middle vent, might distribute air more evenly among the vents. I'm thinking something like this only not as tall as compared to the ducting; the optimum height would probably indicate the diverter would be homemade. Or, maybe I'm just way out there.

I am... I am using a 3D printer to model the air dam which is adjustable. It is like an air scope.