Added portable AC to garage on my 2015 Torque.

RRRep

Because of a job move, we are living in our 2015 Torque M-290. It has been getting over 100 degrees in our area and our dog is getting very hot and the temp in the RV has been above 85 by the heat of the day. We have done what we can to cover windows and vents, but being in an open field, it is still too hot.

I went to a local big box hardware store and bought a small room portable AC unit and placed it in the garage area using the lower aft vents to duct the hot air outside. It has help keep the temp to around 85 during the heat of the day with the two units running. I did run a single 120 volt-15amp cord into the garage to run that AC as I did not want to over task my 30 amp connection. So that is a 30 amp AND a 15 amp connections. If I had it to do again, I would get the largest unit that has a single exhaust dust and does not draw more than 15 amps.

I have also looking into installing a passthrough 120volt-15 amp outlet. That would allow easy connections and a cleaner look.

Just an option to think about for those Toy haulers with no A/C for the garage area.

6.7LMegaCab

You ought to look into mini split additions. Requires a little more ingenuity to install, but will out do any standard A/C unit and is more efficient.

Why RV manufacturers still think the typical RV A/C is sufficient is beyond me. Surely they can design an RV that uses a mini split system.

Sent from my SM-G781U using Tapatalk