Air not working

larkinstuart

At Rancho Cordova attendind soccer for grandkids. Only have 30 amp, so only turned on main air conditioner. Had it on since 1:00Pm and it I s 98 degrees inside and 95 degrees outside. Also notice no condensation coming from roof. Any suggestions?

Sent from my GT-P5210 using Tapatalk

danemayer

Keep the A/C running overnight. In the morning, let it continue to cool the trailer well below a comfy temp. If the temps are 106 again tomorrow, the A/C won't be able to keep up, but if it starts at 65 inside, it may only get up to 92 by late afternoon.

If there's a store nearby, pick up a tower or box fan to blow air around inside.

mlpeloquin

Still should have some condensation running down the side. Do you have a thermometer? I used an analog one and now have a digital laser one from harbor Freight. Check the temperature of the air coming out of the ducks at your sealing. It should read at least 25 degrees colder than the ambient air. If it reads the same or warmer, then your AC is non functional. AT least use your had to see if the air coming out of your sir ducks is colder.

The backup is to run the bedroom AC and use a fan to blow the cold air into the living quarters.

gasman

Camp Socializer
Larry, have you checked the voltage coming into the trailer. If the voltage is low enough, it could be that the compressor is not working and the fan is just blowing hot air(kind of like many of the people you camp with!)

hoefler

Is there any air movement from the vents? If not, it is froze up. Turn it to fan only until you get air movement. Run the fan on high to prevent it in the future.

chiefneon

Howdy!

You might want to take the inside filter off and check to see if the seals are still good. Our AC's had a hard time keeping up with our stays here in Florida. I took the filters down to clean and found the rubber foam type they used to seal inside around the AC unit had come lose. I taped it up and resealed it with aluminum tape. All AC's are now working great cooling.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

larkinstuart

We ran air all night,fan on high and it got down to about 68 degrees. We also bought a fan and ran that all night. Will be getting thermometer to do more checking. what should the voltage be coming into the trailor? Will see how the temperature is when we return to trailor. It's 99 degrees , at 12:30.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Minimum should be 104 volts AC. Ideally you should have in the neighborhood of 116 volt AC.
If you have a 50 amp service then that would apply to each leg.

Peace
Dave

mlpeloquin

Minimum should be 104 volts AC. Ideally you should have in the neighborhood of 116 volt AC.
If you have a 50 amp service then that would apply to each leg.

Peace
Dave

My Progressive surge/voltage protector cuts out at 105VAC. I noticed that at 105VAC just prior to it cutting off the power, many AC devices were not working properly. The induction plate which made a loud noise, and the microwave along with the TV failed a week later. It may also be the cause of my converter failure three months later. If the AC voltage is 108V or lower, get a Hughes Autoformer and protect your fifth wheel!

Gary521

You stated that overnight, you ran the fan on high. Earlier, when you had the initial problem, did you have the fan on low? If you did, this is a sure source of the unit freezing up.

Thunderbolt

One other thing that you can try is to soak a towel and hang it in front of the fan. This will aid in cooling as the water evaporates it cools the air. Sort of like the old fashioned swamp coolers. I would check the voltage as it can ruin a lot more than just the a/c.