All New LM365 Newport

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Already? that was one of the nice additions that was added. Wonder why it was dropped?

T

TomMontague

Great observation and you are correct - the paperwork change has been made but it hasn't been implemented yet because our supplier can't handle the increased volume yet. As soon as the can support production we will make the change. Talk soon.

T

TomMontague

Pop up duplex and USB ports by the couch already eliminated from production?

It wasn't dropped it was moved to the buffet where it will be more useful and we replaced it with a regular outlet.

Thanks,
Tom

jgilbert

Tom, I was looking on rvtrader today and found 2 newports for sale. One in Ashland VA, and one in Duluth MN. I noticed neither one of them has the slam baggage latches on the front compartment door. I know earlier in this thread you said from here forward with the Newport that all doors would be slam latch. Wondering if these two units made it out before the change or if the front slam latch is not happening?

The one in Virginia does not have a dishwasher either.

Joe

T

TomMontague

Same situation as slam latch bag door for the bulkhead. We are waiting on production quantities before we run full steam ahead with dishwashers. Right now we have built three units total with dishwasher. HOWEVER - we have made dishwasher prep standard in every LM365 so you are able to add one at any time pretty easily.

Have a great day Joe.

Thanks
Tom

porthole

Retired
It wasn't dropped it was moved to the buffet where it will be more useful and we replaced it with a regular outlet.

Thanks,
Tom

I thought it was useful where I would be sitting and have a place to plug in any one of the number of USB charged items we have.

Devices needing a USB port for charging are becoming so common that a USB charging garage may very well be needed soon.

IIRC, the Newport at Urbanna had two, at the Buffet/table and at the couch.

And, that duplex sitting above the couch level ............. Someone needs a new hammer.

T

TomMontague

you are correct - the proto did have two charging stations but they are very expensive and so I dropped the one in the rear of the coach. I can tell you that I will look at changing the regular outlets to include the 110V plug and the USB ports on each outlet - just like the ones to the right and left of the bed base under the CPAP compatible nightstands.

T

TomMontague

none whatsoever. explain the idea to me a little more and I would certainly consider it.

we don't do much in the way of dry camping because the vast majority of our buyers don't dry camp. I hate to spend money in areas that don't benefit the majority but if its something that makes life better or solves an issue I would consider for sure.

Thanks,
Tom

brianharrison

none whatsoever. explain the idea to me a little more and I would certainly consider it.

we don't do much in the way of dry camping because the vast majority of our buyers don't dry camp. I hate to spend money in areas that don't benefit the majority but if its something that makes life better or solves an issue I would consider for sure.

Thanks,
Tom

Sure; Most CPAP machines come with only a 120V plug; anyone that requires one to sleep is out of luck to use the machine when there is no shore power in our units that only have a 120V plug beside the bed (that now has a CPAP compatible night stand :)). There are threads that talk about adding 12V sockets and 12V power supply adapters to run CPAP machines; this is what most CPAP users do to run off batteries. It takes a little work but is probably most efficient; as I understand CPAP machines run on 12V, but do not usually come with the proper "car plug" connection.

As I think about it some more, a dedicated inverter 120V duplex plug on the night stand to 1.charge phones, 2:run LED night light 3. etc - might be useful, for those that dry camp. Maybe others can also chime in with their thoughts.

This would apply to units that already have the inverter installed to run the residential refrigerator. I am speaking without knowing the wiring schematic for the inverter, and RIVA codes for electrical circuits and proper protection for duplex outlets, etc.

But we were talking about high end conveniences that would distinguish Landmark 365 from SOB - thought I'd throw it out there.

Brian

EDIT: Had another thought about the CPAP discussion (during one of those man moments when I was thinking about absolutely nothing...) - possibly the solution is to add a 12V power adapter socket at the bedside table to allow 12V car adapters to be used when needed - that might be less complicated and cost effective, as well as support RIVA compliance?

Last edited:

adam

Brian,

I think the idea to have switched inverter plugs located stategically throughout the coach is a excellent idea. It certainly is a option that my wife and I would be willing to pay extra for and Heartland could bury that cost in a "electric upgrade" option.

My only thought though is that the manufacturer would have to include a upgraded inverter (at least 2000W with a remote display) and a comprehensive battery package - certainly more than 2 to offset the demand that owners would put on the system.

Adam

NomadPair

Hello Tom,

Let me first start off by saying I have been following Heartland for several years and I was really excited to see the Newport. My wife and I are looking for a fulltime rv and Heartland has always been our first choice.

My concern and question is about the weight of the Newport. I'm trying to figure out how to use this to fulltime which will at some point include boondocking. The stats I have are that the GVWR is 17,500 lbs and the before generator weight is 15,721 lbs (16k with gen) and an average full fresh water tank that's roughly 880+ lbs. This leave very little left for storage and everything else. I'm wondering if my stats are correct on the trailer weights. I am also curious as to why this is advertised as the biggest/heaviest Fifthwheel that Heartland makes but only has 2 axles. Is there a factory upgrade available to 9-10k axles or a triple version planned for the future?

Sorry about all the question but we were looking to buy a Key Largo in the beginning of '15 until we saw the Newport. My wife loves this model/floorplan and wants the one with the walk-in pantry when it's available. I just don't think it's going to be feasible weight wise.

Nomads

Last edited:

HEH458

When I look at the 4 floor plans of the new LM 365's, I notice the Newport and Ashland have a white line where overhead cabinets will be over the recliners. The Cascade and Key West do not have the white line. Is this just an oversight on the web site or will the OH cabinets over the recliners be deleted on the Cascade and Key West?

porthole

Retired
So we looked at one of the newest Newports yesterday.

Tom - Andy

The sliding door in the bedroom looks cheap and unfinished. And way too big of a gap between the wall and door.

Door between hallway and bedroom - how about a real swing door or even a true pocket door. Either would look so much better.

Door between the bedroom and bathroom. See above.
The Bighorn front bath (very similar trailer to the Newport) has a nice swing door. Although the door has a "way to wide" gap at the top.

Sliding doors for the front closet - really?
Take a look at a Newport, then go look in a Bighorn, the Bighorn doors are way nicer then the Newport.

Control panel - really - still no trim to cover this up yet?

Forgot to check to see if the Headboard trim got redesigned yet, hope it still doesn't look like the example that was at Hershey.

A "flagship" should present itself as a "flagship".

And I hope that new Lions Head paint scheme is optional..............

"the Ladder Guy"

T

TomMontague

Thank you for the input. Suggestions are always welcome. The flyin lion paint scheme wasn't really supposed to be " public knowledge " and is not an option at this point. We have a specific use for that paint scheme and that's it.

Have a nice day.

Thanks
Tom