ATF: Sundance -

Stinger381

I have noticed that the 3300 RLB is considerably colder in the winter than the previous Jayco I had. I think the cold air is coming in through the living room slide. If you are sleeping on the pull out air bed is really drafty. Is there any insulation in the slide? Are there any known areas that let the cold air in? Inversely I would think that the cold air coming in would also be letting the cold air out in the summertime as well and has to have something to do with the lack of adequate cooling? Any help is appreciated.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
I have a 2008 3200ES and there is no insulation in the slide. There is not enough room there. We are going fulltime this fall and will winter in it and are considering a skirt around the rig. Usually the Factory will respond within a day. Good luck.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Stinger381, I know for a fact the outer slide wall has the same laminated wall as the other exterior walls in your rig. The side walls of the slide outs "should" have batted insulation. Normally you shouldn't have any drafts. Does your rig have a ceiling fan? Is it running? Try using some type of flame to determine the source of the draft. You may need a slight adjustment of the slide out. Heartland normally responds to questions but due to all of the RV shows going on around the country, a lot of their brand managers are pretty busy.