Awning arm wire cover issue

busted2341

Has any had a problem with these covers (pic) warping and popping out where they WILL NOT stay clipped in place. Anyone have a fix?

Attachments

• 20161201_142745.jpg
    20161201_142745.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 74
  • 20161201_142752.jpg
    20161201_142752.jpg
    18.7 KB · Views: 69

TikiDawg

Yes, we have the same issue. Have not spent any time yet to seek a solution.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Jesstruckn/Jesstalkn

No I haven't. You could try getting new pieces and put them in or just put a self tapping in the top but make sure your wires are out of the way.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Has any had a problem with these covers (pic) warping and popping out where they WILL NOT stay clipped in place. Anyone have a fix?

My brand new rig had that piece pop out and ruined on the 5th day. Called my dealer Porter's RV and they are sending me a new one. Think I will silicone it in place once I get it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bob.jr

I used black silicone and taped it down until it cured. That was over a year ago. And still staying in place.

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

carl.swoyer

Is it possible that your awning fabric is askew from the top hanger on the fifth wheel to the outboard hanger if they are not perfectly aligned your awning mechanism will be to one side causing possible Flexing of the arm and therefore the plastic piece will pop out. Open the awning and look at it to see if when open its to one side from top to bottom

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Bobby A

Yea, mine has been doing it for a couple years now, I kinda think its from the sun and the plastic piece gets brittle. I used gorilla tape and its holding up well.