Axle Seals and Bearing

Zosimus

I want to check my bearings in my 2015 3270 Bighorn but before I start the work I am trying to figure out what are the seals for these wheels and bearings as I would like to have a few on hand during the replacement process.

I have read up and watched youtube videos and I am mechanically inclined I just don't know where to start looking to get the parts I need to have on hand.

I would hate to have to remove the parts to figure out what it is and then get them ordered.

Any help in who I can reach out to, web site to order from etc would be greatly appreciated

jnbhobe

They are all standard Parts should be available at any good Auto Parts

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rhodies1

I want to check my bearings in my 2015 3270 Bighorn but before I start the work I am trying to figure out what are the seals for these wheels and bearings as I would like to have a few on hand during the replacement process.

I have read up and watched youtube videos and I am mechanically inclined I just don't know where to start looking to get the parts I need to have on hand.

I would hate to have to remove the parts to figure out what it is and then get them ordered.

Any help in who I can reach out to, web site to order from etc would be greatly appreciated

You can purchase seals at most auto parts stores , But it is imperative to get a good quality seal.
You need a 2.25 inch seal,Dexters part number is DE010-036 and they are a double lip seal.My comment is to spend a couple dollars per seal more and get a proper Dexter seal,I have used the after market seals and have had them fail and grease leak onto the brakes.I purchased 4 today at 5.79 each,Personally I want the best and the extra cost is worth it considering the work it takes to tear everything apart.Just my view and you will get all kinds of feedback from other members,your call.

Westwind

Your Axles might still have the label's stuck to them that has the part information and # on them, should be Dexter Axle, if they do that will make it easy to find the parts, I replaced my seals and repacked the bearings two years ago and ordered the new seals through Amazon.com, but you might be able to get them at a trailer sales/service store since they are stocked sometimes, I know our local utility trailer store stocks them.
If not just get your vin number and contact Heartland parts and they will help you out on getting them.

Gary521

Wheel bearings and seals are the same on Lippert or Dexter axles of the same size. Get on their web sites for info. Once you have these part numbers they can be had from a variety of sources.

mlpeloquin

You need to know the seal number. It is stamped on the seals. I took one off and went to a trailer supply shop. After that I purchased eight on line for future use. Make sure it is a double seal.