battery box

roy2

hello, everybody, I have 2019 bighorn looking at the battery box I was told I have 2 batteries looking at it it's going to be a pain to check the water levels on them. looks like I have to remove the terminals on the battery to remove the cover to get to them I can see the box has screws holding it close. so now maybe I can cut around the battery terminals on the cover so I don't have to remove the terminals on the battery to remove the cover.so what do you think maybe someone out there did it already. when I remove the terminals will i lose any memory in any of the systems. thanks for any help i can get.

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
If you have a large black plastic sealed battery storage box, you can just remove the screws around the edges of it and tip it up to access the batteries. If you want to completely remove the top, just remove the battery cables from it, but you do not have to remove the terminal connectors from the box lid.

Rod

roy2

If you have a large black plastic sealed battery storage box, you can just remove the screws around the edges of it and tip it up to access the batteries. If you want to completely remove the top, just remove the battery cables from it, but you do not have to remove the terminal connectors from the box lid.

Rod
i just saw your post i will give it a try thanks

carl.swoyer

hello, everybody, I have 2019 bighorn looking at the battery box I was told I have 2 batteries looking at it it's going to be a pain to check the water levels on them. looks like I have to remove the terminals on the battery to remove the cover to get to them I can see the box has screws holding it close. so now maybe I can cut around the battery terminals on the cover so I don't have to remove the terminals on the battery to remove the cover.so what do you think maybe someone out there did it already. when I remove the terminals will i lose any memory in any of the systems. thanks for any help i can get.
Another option is to upgrade to two group 31 AGM batteries. No maintenance

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk

'Lil Guy'

https://www.amazon.com/Flow-Rite-MP...32823&sr=8-6&keywords=battery+watering+system

here is the solution to your problem. Or suffer every time you need to check the water level. I had your same feeling. WHAT A PAIN, however there is a reason for tat arrangement. It is to properly vent the batteries and case to the outside. I took one look and bought Thea I’ve. Now it takes two minutes at best to fill the batteries.

Plus 1 on this. Easy addition and simple to fill. No need to check the battery. Just connect the fill and pump it every month. Greatest addition I've done for ease of service.

MTPockets

I removed the screws holding the box top and used small spring clips from Lowes to hold the top together after checking fluid. Quick and easy.

roy2

ok i tryed to open the top of the battery box that is the simple I get it pushed up not much room under it to do anything in my box. the box itself is to small for both batteries I think. the batteries in there have no caps I can pull off. i can't get my head in far enough to check the water level if it had caps to pull off. battery cables cross over the battery so i could remove the caps if they had them on there.i have a pic of batteries but I don't know how to post them in here.i haven't seen a battery like this before it has a handle on it to carry it i don't think its sealed don't look like it has any vents on the top either. I can send a email to anyone to check out those batteries.

CDN

B and B
ok i tryed to open the top of the battery box that is the simple I get it pushed up not much room under it to do anything in my box. the box itself is to small for both batteries I think. the batteries in there have no caps I can pull off. i can't get my head in far enough to check the water level if it had caps to pull off. battery cables cross over the battery so i could remove the caps if they had them on there.i have a pic of batteries but I don't know how to post them in here.i haven't seen a battery like this before it has a handle on it to carry it i don't think its sealed don't look like it has any vents on the top either. I can send a email to anyone to check out those batteries.

Hello

Do you have AGM batteries?

roy2

Here is a link to may thread of the box I used to fit 4-12V Batteries in our rig. I have now went to 2 150Ah Lithium Ion batteries NO maintenance at all.

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=441123&viewfull=1#post441123

https://heartlandowners.org/showthread.php/54076-Project-LM-365?p=603760&viewfull=1#post603760

Just a few more ideas

Jerrod
thanks but i m not going that far for the batteries

- - - Updated - - -

Another option is to upgrade to two group 31 AGM batteries. No maintenance

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
thanks but no way there new batteries

BLR

So glad we upgraded to 2-- 200AH lithium ion batteries.. well worth the money..

Sent from BLR Logistics

rwdennis

do you have a link to the 200AH lithium ion batteries ? are they plug and play ? or do you have to add a special charger ?

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
I don’t know if you “have” to, but while looking at Progressive Ind’s website earlier, I noticed they have converters especially for lithium batteries. Might want to call them for more info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk