Bearing Buddy?

Dloebrich

I am looking at the Bearing Buddy website and they claim bearing tear down / inspection needed only every 5 years which sounds pretty good to me.
I do have concerns about seal leaks from pressure inside the hub. Wondering if anyone has used them and do they work?

Jim.Allison

If you have EZ lube stay with them, if you have nothing you could go with bearing buddies. But its not the spring loaded plunger that will blow your seals or make them weep. It applying to much grease and not paying attention to instructions that causes blown seal problems.

I am looking at the Bearing Buddy website and they claim bearing tear down / inspection needed only every 5 years which sounds pretty good to me.
I do have concerns about seal leaks from pressure inside the hub. Wondering if anyone has used them and do they work?

jnbhobe

Hand pack your bearings and you'll be a lot happier in the end. Bearing Buddies are not made for axles of your size and I don't want my hubs packed with grease as with EZ Lube.

Happy Campers

Bearing buddy's work great on boat trailers and that is what they were originally designed for.I would not rely on anybody telling me " bearing tear down / inspection needed only every 5 years " as that is just looking for trouble!.