Bedroom slide

stevebotts

Upon arriving at the campground today our bedroom electric slide would not come out on our Bighorn. I looked in the fuse box and it said that fuse 11 was for the bedroom slide AND the basement light. Sure enough, the basement light is also not working. The fuse appears to be good and I did replace #11 with another fuse. That made no difference and the light in the front basement still is not working and the slide still won't move. Thank goodness I can squeeze into the bedroom for needed items and we are sleeping on the sofa now. Any ideas?

Garypowell

Seems odd to me to have slide power and lighting on the same circuit but if it is it is....

i would replace the fuse they can look good but be bad.

I would also pull the switch and check for power to it and then through it.....switch could be bad.

Don't know specifically but this switch might be the same as the one that powers your back landing gear....which is an easier thing to loose.

stevebotts

Slide out continuation

Our electric bedroom slide would not come out. I hooked the motor to the drill and got the slide partially out and then could bring the slide in and out with the switch. I brought it PARTIALLY in and out about five times and it worked fine. However, as soon as the slide was completely out the switch stopped working again. Then I reversed the drill and brought slide partially in and the switch started working again. I put the slide all the way out again and the switch stopped working. So I will need to use the drill to bring the slide in some when we are ready to leave. Seems like switch just can't get the slide started in either direction. Any ideas?

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Look in the front storage compartment for the 12V circuit breakers. They should be on the back wall of the compartment. Should have a red covers on them. See if you can find the "little black" reset buttons on them and push them in to reset them. You might also remove the covers and make sure all the connections are tight.

Swapping out fuses wont tell you anything. You need a 12V testlight or a DVOM meter and see if you even have 12V power to that fuse. You could also test the circuit breakers that way. You should have 12V on both sides of the breakers IF they are not tripped. If not...thats where you need to start.

dalspot

Happened to us with the entertainment slide. Turned out the wire nut had fallen off the switch wires in the wall. It was barely installed at the factory during construction.

Karen