Bedroom Slider Window Add-on

DocFather

I think I know the answer to this, but, here goes, anyway.

Has anyone ever added a window (any size) to the Bedroom slideout in place of or modifying the headboard? If not, do you have knowledge of such?

Thanks, in advance.

remoandiris

15 hrs and no replies. I'll throw my 2 cents in here.

Never added one. The lack of framing would likely be an issue unless you're going to install framing for the window. If you have a stud finder, check around the current windows and see if any are without support. A small, lightweight window may be feasible without framing in the walls. If the aluminum supports are already there, it would just be a matter of cutting out the opening and installing one.

Results from a Google search may help with your decision.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Doc, Remo is correct. I dont know whats in a slide outside wall. The frame for the coach side walls have aluminum frame work for windows. A window would be nice but....with a window there you would be letting alot more heat into the BR. Just something to think about. Ya might call HL and ask the questions about the BR slide wall.

DocFather

Doc, Remo is correct. I dont know whats in a slide outside wall. The frame for the coach side walls have aluminum frame work for windows. A window would be nice but....with a window there you would be letting alot more heat into the BR. Just something to think about. Ya might call HL and ask the questions about the BR slide wall.

I have been emailing HL about it. When I saw the bigger Bedroom window in the 2015 4100 I asked about an after-market install and was encouraged NOT to go there. Any window I add to the slide (if it happens) would be double-pane and caulked well. I get too hot in here as it is (for more reasons than one!) HA HA