Bicycle carrier for 5th wheel ??

Earl_Max

The manufacturer, Allen mfg, of that bike carrier has a warning to not use this carrier on a trailer.

Good Point Dave,

Warning: Use at your own risk. I neither endorse or recommend the use of this great value good working product.
No warranty expressed, implied or cared about. Does that cover it??

Probably a good move by the Lawyers at Allen. It's a risky move by a manufacturer to actually endorse the use at the tail end of an RV.
Too many variables exist + it is hard to monitor how the bikes are doing back there.
Like I said, I bought it as a temporary replacement to get us home. For $100 bucks I did not expect much. Everything down to the powder coating has held up better than our previous name brand unit.
It will remain in use for the third year laden with (2) adult bikes and (2) youth bikes. This year on the new 3300CK.

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Here an earlier thread about our bike hitch......worked GREAT and plan on installing on our new BC when 1 year warranty is up.

bike hitch link

Owenfamily

Ok here are my pictures of how I have things set up. I really don't use the two inch receiver on the front of my truck but had it install just in case I need it for any reason. I figured if you are going to have toys you need to make sure you have a way to carry them safely. The front hitch setup was cheaper then one of my mountain bikes. The 14ft kayak does not hit the front end of the 5th wheel at all. I had my wife and several people watch me turn it sharp in every direction to make sure. I know it looks like it would but it does not even get close as you think. The bike rack on the back of the 5th is a Raxter rack that will carry two bikes but you can buy an extension that will allow you to carry four bikes. Raxter will back up their products that are carried behind a fifth wheel using the TWO inch receiver. As you see I carry a Tandem and two other mountain bikes. One is my wife and one is mine. I do have to take the front wheel of the Tandem but that takes about one minute or less. I do strap the 14ft kayak to the front of the bumper and the back to the side bed rail right behind the tool box so it will not move one inch. I have taken many trips with this setup and even in high wind I have never had a problem. I also make sure to strap everything down and double check it. As you also notice I have a two inch receiver on the back of my fifth wheel so I can carry my bikes safely and they do not move as well. I took a picture of the T bar incase anyone wanted to use one as that set up. I don't like things blocking my view so I don't use it but carry it with me just incase. Never know.
2013-03-24_15-26-31_636.jpg2013-03-24_15-07-17_223.jpg

2013-03-24_15-28-16_507.jpg
2013-03-24_15-26-41_640.jpg2013-03-24_15-28-05_281.jpg

Attachments

• 2013-03-24_15-25-45_821.jpg
    2013-03-24_15-25-45_821.jpg
    430 KB · Views: 110