Big Country slide out question

GOTTOYS

Seeing as the bedroom slide is cable operated and the living room slides on my 2011 BC 3250 are hydraulic. Is there a way to isolate out the electric/cable operated slide on the bedroom from the electric/hydraulic slides on my living room?? It would be nice to be able to use just the bedroom slide for a quick overnite without opening the big slides. Since it is not hydraulic I would think there would be a way to individually operate it...Don

B

bwwalczak

Thank you for your post. The 3250TS Big Country's slides are ALL hydraulic, including the bedslide. The 3450TS is the only model Big Country with a short cable driven slide which is indiviually controlled.

Open hydraulic systems are unique because the slide with the least amount of "resistance" will move first. This is more often than not, the bedslide (since it is the smallest slide).

GOTTOYS

Bryan, Thanks for your reply. I have a 3250Ts. All of the slides operate off the same switch, is there a hydraulic ram that operates the cable? Or is it an electric motor that operates the cable...If it has a short cable driven slide which is individually controlled, can this be separated out and individually switched? Now I'm confused.I guess I would just like to know how it works....Don

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Don,

Reread Bryan's post. ALL the slides are hydraulic-there is not a cable driven slide. Unless your 3250 is different from our 3250 it is very easy to see how the bedroom slide works.
Lift the bed up and remove the 4 screws holding the Luan plywood in place. Remove the piece of Luan and everything is right there. Actually you might want to do that anyway and check the cylinder and hoses for leaks every once in a while just as preventitive maintenance.

GOTTOYS

The Awha moment. Sorry bout that. We see what we want to see......All 3 are hydraulic. Question answered. Thank you...Don

chief190

We just took delivery of a 2011 3585rl that is very simular to the 3250 big country slides. The cables as explained to me and after inspection by me are only there to make sure the slide operates evenly. I don't know if the big country is the same but my bh has two seperate switches for the bedroom slide and for both rear slides. I found the valves that control the individual slides in the hydraulic compartment and talked to the service manager at the dealership and he agreed that i could isolate rear slides by turning off one or the other rear slides. I need to be able to slide out kitchen slide without opening dinning slide when parked next to house for access past unit. I works great. I don't know if others without hydraulic system operations would or should do it.