Bighorn 3270rs Sewer Hose Storage

george637

Since there is no rear bumper on the Bighorn 3270rs, where do you store the sewer hose ? In looking over the unit we are purchasing, we couldn't find a storage place for it. Did anyone else have this problem?

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
Should have been a tube mounted between the drop frame I-beams behind the front jacks. If it's missing one can be purchased or fabricated to mount in its place

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's easy to overlook when you're used to it being in the bumper 😜

I did did the same thing......probably walked by it a dozen times before I saw it 🤦🏻*♂️

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Here's Tony installing the second one, next to our original. Even though on the BC we do have a bumper, these make easier and more convenient storage.

54555c2ef1aa210f25b5214d3a345fcf.jpg

G_S

Here's Tony installing the second one, next to our original. Even though on the BC we do have a bumper, these make easier and more convenient storage.

I have found that the doors on the tubes break to easy so I went to a screw or telescope cap.

gasman

Camp Socializer
I purchased a piece of 6" PVC pipe and had some 1/4" threaded rod bent into u-bolts to fasten it to the frame rails. The pipe is large enough to accept the fittings and the elbow. I purchased two expansion test plugs for the ends. Some people have used vinyl fence posts with end caps on them.

jbeletti

Jerrod - I ordered a 6" kit and sourced a section of 6" black ABS. Kevin W ordered two 8" kits. We have not found any 8" black ABS locally. He may end up using PVC and painting it.

I mounted mine to the frame behind the spare tire and right at south end of the door side slide. I've seen these things for years and neer thought about using them until I saw them on Rex Bristol's Landmark earlier this year.

george637

Thanks everyone for the helpful information. I contacted my salesperson & he is having a sewer storage tube installed before we go through our walk-through next Saturday.

Bones

Jerrod - I ordered a 6" kit and sourced a section of 6" black ABS. Kevin W ordered two 8" kits. We have not found any 8" black ABS locally. He may end up using PVC and painting it.

I mounted mine to the frame behind the spare tire and right at south end of the door side slide. I've seen these things for years and neer thought about using them until I saw them on Rex Bristol's Landmark earlier this year.
Jim you use different hoses but do you know if the rino flex hose would fit in the 6" kit?

NYSUPstater

I'm a very oddball then cuz I use/have a good size grey plastic tub that I keep in the basement w/ a couple hoses (each has clear elbow and 90* attachment for pipe connection) as well as a couple other fittings. Rinse out well when done dumping and once home, just drape over decking stair rails to air dry. Been doing it this way for 12 years, so far so good. Best way? Probly not, but it works for me.

Oregon_Camper

Clearly, Tony needs another cordless drill for Christmas....how can anyone get any project done with only 3..?? :p :cool: :rolleyes:

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Clearly, Tony needs another cordless drill for Christmas....how can anyone get any project done with only 3..?? :p :cool: :rolleyes:

Lol! I wondered if anyone would notice. He has a light duty Black and Decker, a medium/heavy duty Porter Cable, and a fairly new impact driver. We had fresh batteries, but the good drill bits I bought (as directed at the hardware store!) were the wrong size. So it was a little challenging drilling into the frame. The impact driver did great to secure them ! ;)