"Bug"

MC9

True to his word, CEO Brady sent me a "bug". If you remember, Brady said everybody here (the rally) would get a bug. Took the engineers by surprise, I think. I gave my address to one of the engineers and as soon as he found out what was going on he would let me know. Received my Bug in the mail a couple of days ago. The sliding door part that has a sliding part so you can open the screen. I am sorry if I got too technical. Had to cut a strip off to make it fit the Sundance. Works as advertised.

JJnVA

We also signed up at the Heartland factory tour for a "bug" and received it last week. Will have to cut off a strip from top and bottom to make it fit correctly, but we are delighted to have it. Thanks to CEO Brady and Heartland staff for listening and responding to the small details as well as the larger ones. The entire rally was awesome - thx to Jim Beletti and all who helped coordinate. Heartland staff really provided excellent customer service.

rebootsemi

Is this the new slide for the screen door? Does HL have a part # for this piece, want to get one for our 11 Sundance 3000RK.

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
I installed our "Bug Catcher" last night. Had to do a slight modification, but it works great.

THANKS Heartland!!

porthole

Retired
Before you cut the bottom - Remove the old one and slide the new into the bottom slot and give it a try.

I used a plexiglass cutter to score and break off the required piece. A little sanding and it works great.

JWalker

Before you cut the bottom - Remove the old one and slide the new into the bottom slot and give it a try.

I used a plexiglass cutter to score and break off the required piece. A little sanding and it works great.

I cut from both the bottom and top to position it closer to the latch. A little sanding, and that was it.

TXBobcat

Fulltime
Ok Guys.. I need a picture. What is a BUG? Are you talking about the sliding door on the screen door?

JWalker

Ok Guys.. I need a picture. What is a BUG? Are you talking about the sliding door on the screen door?

Here you go....

30d9y0l.jpg

uabzs.jpg

porthole

Retired
Does it push down to open the door? Well on second look it looks like you turn it. How can I get one?

Just a push down. There is a pin the pushes the screen door handle down.

I would also love to know where I can get a "bug" for my BH. Any information would be appreciated.

Heartland customer service - or fire up the flux capacitor and head back tot eh Goshen rally..................

Willym

I received mine a few weeks ago. The paperwork that came with it showed the unit price listed at $23.75. Heartland number was listed as #45338. I had to add a piece to mine as the gap between the operating stub and the top of the screen door latch was a little large. I drilled and installed a sheet metal screw in the stub to take up the slack.

SJH

Past Washington Chapter Leaders
OK...I am missing something in the picture (be kind, I am old) I see nothing different from what is currently on our Big Country. What parts are we talking about?

porthole

Retired
OK...I am missing something in the picture (be kind, I am old) I see nothing different from what is currently on our Big Country. What parts are we talking about?

Most of us did not have the new door slide. This is something that only comes or recent trailers.

jbeletti

Steve,

The BC was one of the first Heartland brands to use the new Lippert door that has the new slider on it (clear plexiglass with large knob to open screen door latch from inside). So you are likely good to go :)

Thereafter, all new products (I believe) have the new style Lippert door. "For the most part", the new slider is NOT retro-fittable to non-Lippert doors due to the thickness of the material versus the thickness of the white plastic slider on some of the older product doors.

Jim

SilverRhino

I received mine a few weeks ago. The paperwork that came with it showed the unit price listed at $23.75. Heartland number was listed as #45338. I had to add a piece to mine as the gap between the operating stub and the top of the screen door latch was a little large. I drilled and installed a sheet metal screw in the stub to take up the slack.

Part # is listed in this post...