Ceiling Light Dripping

ralphpam

We have a 2010 Bighorn 3670. We are living in the rig and it has been below freezing for a week and today it is a bit warmer. The ceiling light in the hallway is dripping. We took it down and can feel moisture through the small hole above the insulation. Prior to this freezing weather we had constant rain for a month and no leak there. We think it is condensation but wonder if anyone else has experienced this problem. It is a small and slow drip and we probably would not have noticed it except it dripped on my husband's forehead!

2010augusta

Well I see you are enjoying this wonderful in WA too, We have not had that problem. You might try and see if you it is condensation coming from the bathroom or shower skylight and making its way across the roof to the light fixture. Just a thought.

ralphpam

Yes, North-Wet WA we are enjoying! Used to live here in a sticks and bricks and had forgotten about winters after 9 years. Unfortunately, husbands health is keeping us here for his treatments and not south where it is a bit warmer. However, having lived here before we can say that it does get this cold and can stay this cold for 2 weeks so this wasn't to bad. Think you may be right about the condensation coming from bathroom, but not much way to find where.

2010augusta

might start by removing the skylight and using mounting tape or something to seal it to the ceiling. Might also see if the A/C duct is getting condensation in it.

This is our first winter in the WA or the NW but I spent 27 winters in Colorado so cool weather like this is nothing new.

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
You might have to go up on the roof and check the caulking around the skylight and other areas. The caulking does not last forever and should be checked at least twice a year.