Colorado - Estes Park and Woodland Park

BLHFUN

Headed to Colorado in mid September. We are staying at the Manor RV park on the River in Estes park for 5 days and wondered if anyone has any reviews of this Place. We are very limited ( darn it) with our 4200 being 44 foot long. This place looks really nice, but pictures can't always tell the full story.

after Estes we are moving south to woodland Park and staying at diamond RV park for a week.

Anyone?

BLHFUN

Thank you Lynn! I forgot about Trip Advisor - Looks like a nice park and the reviews look pretty good. We did get a River front Lot ( 53 ) so looks like we should be fine. You just never know about these places and the website pictures can be very deceiving.

Great example is Catherine’s Landing Hot Springs, AR. We are heading there on the 17[SUP]th[/SUP]. I ended up canceling and moving to the KOA because of Google earth. The pictures on the website look good, But they cut down every single tree on the property and replaced them with smaller NEW trees. YUCK!

Thanks for the info!

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Headed to Colorado in mid September. We are staying at the Manor RV park on the River in Estes park for 5 days and wondered if anyone has any reviews of this Place. We are very limited ( darn it) with our 4200 being 44 foot long. This place looks really nice, but pictures can't always tell the full story.

after Estes we are moving south to woodland Park and staying at diamond RV park for a week.

Anyone?

We are leaving this coming Monday for a week at Manor RV Park in Estes Park, Colorado.

Luckily for us, it is only about an hours drive from where we live . . . well, probably two hours with the trailer in tow!

Here is the site we have reserved (notice the river backing the site):

ManorRVEstesPark-IMG_20140608_154058177.jpg

We drove up there a couple of months ago to check out the campgrounds before I booked . . . and reserved this spot before we left!

There are no fire pits at each site, but there is a community fire pit a few sites west of ours.

I'll report back once there and after we get home!

Right now, Hwy 34 up Big Thompson Canyon out of Loveland is the way to go as Hwy 36 through Lyons is still under massive reconstruction after the floods last fall, but should be open by the time you guys come through.

As for Woodland Park . . . great place and a lot to do around there!

We've never stayed at an RV park there, but have friends that own property in Woodland Park who let us leave our old trailer up there during the summer months, so stayed in the yard many times, plus picked it up to go further up the mountains camping!

Cripple Creek, Pike's Peak, Cave Of The Winds, dinosour fossils . . . and much more to see and do around there!

chiefneon

Howdy!

Are staying at Diamond Campground at Woodland Park, CO now. Its a nice clean and friendly park. Only complaint is its not the most level site we've ever stayed but we were able to level up without problems. Our site is large enought that our MDT, Cyclone 4000 fit with the patio down and still have room to park our Smart Car. We leave here Tuesday and are moving to Manor RV Park in Estes Park, CO for a week.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Attachments

• 20140731_112730.jpg
    20140731_112730.jpg
    609.6 KB · Views: 66

JohnD

Howdy!

Are staying at Diamond Campground at Woodland Park, CO now. Its a nice clean and friendly park. Only complaint is its not the most level site we've ever stayed but we were able to level up without problems. Our site is large enought that our MDT, Cyclone 4000 fit with the patio down and still have room to park our Smart Car. We leave here Tuesday and are moving to Manor RV Park in Estes Park, CO for a week.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

We'll be there Monday through the following Sunday, so chances are we'll meet up for a few minutes!

We will be in site #46.

chiefneon

Howdy!

John, you can't miss us, as the picture shows we're right behind the welcome sign as you enter the campground.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

JohnD

Howdy!

John, you can't miss us, as the picture shows we're right behind the welcome sign as you enter the campground.

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

Ooppssyy . . . thought you were going to be at Manor RV Park in Estes next week.

BLHFUN

Looks awesome. Wish we could go sooner than September. Headed to Hot Springs for a short 4 days next week. Can't wait to get back to Colorado though!

JohnD

Howdy!

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

I saw your rig up there . . .

Perhaps I'll stop by later this afternoon for a second!

JohnD

Howdy!

"Happy Trails"
Chiefneon

I saw your rig up there . . .

Perhaps I'll stop by later this afternoon for a second!

Sorry I didn't catch up with you . . .

Stopped by a couple of times but the Smart Car was gone each time.

Here is a shot of our site at Manor RV Park as we were heading out:

EstesPark-IMG_2845.jpg

That was the last campout for my old Dodge truck . . .

Just got home about an hour ago from picking up my new 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD!

StarryNight

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders

Just got home about an hour ago from picking up my new 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD![/QUOTE]

WOOHOO!!! A new truck!!!
Can't wait to check it out @ the upcoming rally @ Rifle Gap!!
See you soon:)

JohnD

Just got home about an hour ago from picking up my new 2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD!

WOOHOO!!! A new truck!!!
Can't wait to check it out @ the upcoming rally @ Rifle Gap!!
See you soon:)

I know . . . I can't wait to tow the trailer with it over the Continental Divide!

Here is a quick cell phone shot at the dealership just before I pulled it out of the garage:

NewTruck2500HDsm-IMG_20140822_202351380.jpg

It had 78 miles on it as it sat there in the dealership garage.

Ironically, it is the same color as my Dodge is.

Know anyone who needs a good work truck?

Kbvols

Great looking truck. Love the color. I bet you will love the way it totes your trailer. Enjoy!

whp4262

I know . . . I can't wait to tow the trailer with it over the Continental Divide!

Here is a quick cell phone shot at the dealership just before I pulled it out of the garage:

View attachment 31410

It had 78 miles on it as it sat there in the dealership garage.

Ironically, it is the same color as my Dodge is.

Know anyone who needs a good work truck?

Nice truck. That's the same color as mine. What engine did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JohnD

Nice truck. That's the same color as mine. What engine did you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is the Gas 6.0L V8 with the 6-speed auto transmission with manual shift, trailer package with integrated trailer brake controller, and the 4.10 rear axle.

JohnD

Looks good John. Will be checking it out at Rifle Gap.

Cool!

I'm going to hook up the trailer this week and tow it around the neighborhood for a while to make sure that everything works the way it is supposed to.

Plus, I've got to figure out how the truck's trailer brake controller works.

I might just hit the highway and drive to either the Golden or Longmont Camping World with the trailer in tow just in case I need something!

The rear end of this truck is quite a bit higher than my old truck, so I may need to get a new drop-down that goes lower than my current one as it is already set at it's lowest setting.