Colorado - Estes Park and Woodland Park

BLHFUN

How was your trip to Colorado?

It was incredible John. Estes weather was perfect and the temps for hiking in RMNP couldn't have been any better. We drove a little over 1000 miles on the Harley from Woodland Park the second week. Woodland to Aspen over Independence Pass for lunch, Then McClure pass to Hotchkiss or the North Rim ride of Gunnison National Park. Million Dollar Highway to Durango and Pagosa Springs for the last night. Wolf Creek pass back to Woodland on Friday. Hit 3 of the 4 National Parks over the 12 days.

GREAT TRIP!!

Sorry we missed the Rally- That would have made for a VERY long trip Home on Sunday.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
It was incredible John. Estes weather was perfect and the temps for hiking in RMNP couldn't have been any better. We drove a little over 1000 miles on the Harley from Woodland Park the second week. Woodland to Aspen over Independence Pass for lunch, Then McClure pass to Hotchkiss or the North Rim ride of Gunnison National Park. Million Dollar Highway to Durango and Pagosa Springs for the last night. Wolf Creek pass back to Woodland on Friday. Hit 3 of the 4 National Parks over the 12 days.

GREAT TRIP!!

Sorry we missed the Rally- That would have made for a VERY long trip Home on Sunday.

The rally was a blast . . . wish you could have been there!

Here is a shot of our campsite at the rally:

Rifle2014-IMG_20140920_173417783.jpg

How did you like Manor RV Park in Estes?

We had a site on the river and enjoyed our week there.

We will probably schedule another visit there next year!

BLHFUN

[/QUOTE]How did you like Manor RV Park in Estes?
We had a site on the river and enjoyed our week there.
We will probably schedule another visit there next year![/QUOTE]

Estes was the best part of the Trip. Our site was on the water as well. ( I think it as 53 ) We Had a 6x6 Elk walk between my Neighbor and I and right down the Creek at dinner time.. We will be back Next Fall FOR SURE. 3rd Week of September -

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Estes was the best part of the Trip. Our site was on the water as well. ( I think it as 53 )

We Had a 6x6 Elk walk between my Neighbor and I and right down the Creek at dinner time.

We will be back Next Fall FOR SURE. 3rd Week of September

I know the site exactly!

There was a family from Michigan in #53 when we were there.

We met them at the top of Rocky Mountain National Park and we all recognized each other up there from the park, and us being from Michigan originally (and our guests that were here from Michigan on vacation with us), we all kind of chummed around together for the rest of the stay there.

Plus, I followed a 14-point elk along the river (I was taking photos of it) and bumped into them again down there at site #53.

Here he is:

EstesParkElk2014-IMGP0732.jpg

Maybe we'll see you there next summer!