Concerns regarding dealer/repair center knowledge of product.

azbound

We had some work done ( Refer) at one of our local Repair Centers Redding, Ca. I noticed they had some new Heartland models on the lot. I ask the repair Tech what he thought about the Heartland Trailers and was surprised at his answer. Quote" don't know a thing about them" Not what you want to hear if they are working on your Heartland Trailer. I can't wait to get back home so that I can deal with someone that knows what they are working on.

It might not have been the answer you wanted to hear, but the guy answered you honestly and concisely with no BS. As for specific Heartland product knowledge, its not like they have a factory technician certification program, so whatever opinions he might have had about Heartland would be based on whatever limited exposure he had in servicing them.

wdk450

Azbound:
I think that most of us have to admit that RV's are somewhat generic, being made from subcomponents from the same vendors (Lippert, Dexter, Norcold, Weingard, DuoTherm, etc.). The best thing you can ask is if the repair tech is RVIA-RVDA certified. This is no guarantee of the repairer's skill set, but a baseline knowlegebase measurement. Here is a link to what is required to become certified:
http://www.rvda.org///AM/Template.c...emplate=/CM/ContentDisplay.cfm&ContentID=9944
I believe that Heartland has training videos and handbooks for its dealers, but these are mainly directed to sales personell. There used to be one on the Bighorn Sales downloads tab that you could tell was sales training material. For example, one section said "Show the customer how the floor is superior", or the like.