Covering Roof AC in winter

Oldelevatorman

Does anyone cover their roof AC boxes in the winter. Is it feasible and would it help keep inside warmer? Probably wouldn't be able to travel with it so you'd have to remove them each time.

Lynn1130

To me it might be easier to cover or shut off vents in the trailer rather than climb on the roof each time I move. Even on a check list that cover would be something I would forget once and it would be gone.

MillerTime802

Does anyone cover their roof AC boxes in the winter. Is it feasible and would it help keep inside warmer? Probably wouldn't be able to travel with it so you'd have to remove them each time.

Interesting question: Since the AC is ducted to vents, is it an open system to the roof ac?

Silverado23

Iowa Chapter Leaders

Not sure that it would really improve anything but probably depends on the A/C unit. My A/Cs have insulated air chambers so they outside air temperatures are not much of an influence. I did not have any cold air drafts coming in from the A/C units during this past weekend when the lows were down around 12*.