Cyclone 3950 flood light bulbs

squire

One of my rear flood lights burnt out. I don't recognize the type of bulb. Does anyone know where I can get new ones?

Thanks!

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
You might try NAPA or even Walmart.They both carry a lot of different bulbs.

Peace
Dave

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

jmgratz

Original Owners Club Member
I have found hard to find bulbs at Home Depot and Lowes. There is also a chain of stores called Batteries Plus that has a ton of hard to find batteries and light bulbs.

squire

Has anyone actually had to change these things? I removed the 4 screws and ring holding the light in and it turns out it's just a H3 bulb automotive bulb in a flood light lens. The problem now is that the H3 bulb pigtail and ground wire run through a grommet and hole in the plastic housing into the cap where it is wire-nutted to the trailer wiring. The wire nut won't pull out through the hole. I think what I'm going to have to do is cut the pigtail on the old bulb to slide it out of the grommet then attach a female spade connector to the trailer side for the new bulb's pigtail. Then I can push the connector back through the hole and reattach the bulb assembly. If anyone knows a better way, please let me know. One alternative I saw was to remove the dozen or so screws that attach the housing to the cap but I'd have to re-caulk it to put it back together.

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
I have had to cut the pigtail and splice a wire to it. I soldered it and used shrink tube.
Actually I have done it a few times. No problems, you gotta do what you gotta do.

Peace
Dave