Deleting front batteries

Semi-Hex

Grand Poobah!
I took out the battery and the extra battery box out of the front compartment. I replaced the backfed #6 wire with #2 from my new battery bank to run the hydraulics and other things. It made a much neater front area with room for more storage.

F1FDDDD9-A75F-4DCA-913C-633F2BDAD03C.jpg Before.

B0899CC7-FAD3-4463-AACD-14A0F30ECFEE.jpg After.

Semi-Hex

Grand Poobah!
Where are your new batteries ? what kind are they ?

I have 400 amps of lithium batteries behind the basement wall in wasted space. I will have a write up when I’m done.

FCB68EAB-2E86-4D55-82A1-0FDE78E94A13.jpg Checking to see where the batteries would fit.

I ended up using that location, between the toilet arm and the water heater. As an added bonus, it doesn’t get very hot there either!

esscobra

was planning on similar set up- have tons of room and close to where was planning on running solar wires down from roof thru closet area as well and also moving inverter to same area . please let us know how hydraulics and everything work on extended cable.

Semi-Hex

Grand Poobah!
was planning on similar set up- have tons of room and close to where was planning on running solar wires down from roof thru closet area as well and also moving inverter to same area . please let us know how hydraulics and everything work on extended cable.

I would occasionally get the blinking yellow lights on the dealer installed battery (Interstate) when operating the lift. Now, I can run the complete setup without having to stop. I do use the Andersen brand blocks, which I think makes the lifting easier and less work.

esscobra

any issues with the blocks ? I have them but also have the snap pads and have not raised the jacks so the blocks are too tall- I only travel with 2 of the blocks occasionally as there are a couple places I go with really unlevel sites and need two under the rear jacks. waiting as snap pad is supposedly testing some riser blocks to compliment their snap pads. was contemplating raising the jacks up on hole and making a filler plate of steel to make top on Anderson blocks

Semi-Hex

Grand Poobah!
No issues for me. I really like how easy they are to use though sometimes the back jacks could be a tad higher.