Do I need to winterize tonight?

KyleC

First freeze of the season, only below freezing for like 4 hours. Then tomorrow it's back up to 50.

Do I need to winterize tonight? Or can I just wait for the weekend?

Kyle

danemayer

Depends how cold it gets. Your low point drains and fresh tank drain could freeze and the ice can wick up into the tees, blocking the water lines. If so, it'll probably thaw by the afternoon.

If you have a refrigerator in a slideout, and there's an ice maker, the water feed line that goes under the slide will definitely freeze and probably break. You must evacuate the water from that line.

KyleC

Drained the low point valve and tanks are empty. Just hadn't blown out the lines or emptied hot water heater. No slides no ice makers

Kyle

Last edited:

sengli

We keep our rig open till the bitter end. If its only getting onto the thirty's I would think your O.K

If your worried either run your electric heater in there or turn on the heat to like 40 degrees. I use a glass of water sitting out, to measure if there was enough cold to freeze anything.

KyleC

Thanks for all your input I went ahead and stayed up late and knocked it out. I'm sure it was for the better

Kyle

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
Just an FYI Kyle I have not winterized ever here in LA. I would open any cabinets and put a small space heater in there set on lowest setting and you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk