Drain Master Sewer system

sjandbj

I just purchased a new 3150RL Big Country and I am looking at several possible upgrades to make the rig as easy to set up as possible. This forum has been so informative so far I am sure someone will have the answers. I have been looking at the Drain Master system for a while and thought it might be a good time to possible add it to the new toy. Has anyone had any experience with this system?

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Curious, what Drain Master produce are you looking for? Electric valves, drain hose, bidet or chemical system?

Peace
Dave

jbeletti

Hi Steve,

Sorry I missed this post. I'm not able to read all posts these days. Glad we got to connect via email yesterday.

Electric Gate Valves
I'm told by Doug Swartz (Drain Master), that gate valves work best when the valve blade can be oriented such that is is pulled straight up when open. In many RV applications, based on tank locations, it's rarely possible for gate valves (especially cable-pull style) to be mounted like that. This aside, I've considered trying electric gate valves. What has held me back from trying them is how I'd need to manually actuate them in case of failure or loss of power. My understanding is that you have to have physical access to each valve and use an Allen wrench to turn a screw/gear to open/close the valve.

Recently, I had my black tank gate valve replaced. The servicer would have prefered to convert the cable-pull to a rod-pull and put the handle in the frame. He hates cable-pulls. He says he converts a lot of them each year. That might be something to consider for anyone who has to replace a valve - to convert the pull style.

Wastemaster Sewer Hose (link)
I've used this hose with the cam-loc fitting since 2008 and love it. No leaks when connected and it NEVER accidentally spins off when you have to "hump-the-stinky-slinky". Since 2004, twice I've had the sewer hose with bayonet fitting, rotate off the sewer outlet when I've had to milk that hose uphill. Not pretty. Also, these hoses are tough. Recently, Lippert acquired this system from Doug Swarts, the inventor. I plan to get one for my next demo in February.