Electric Jack for 29BUDS

ZNK

Can anyone recommend an electric jack for the 29BUDS? With the great rain in WA I am sick of having to crank the handle for so long and get soaked. I see some brands available but I am not sure what the best is. I like to get what will be best in the long run rather than cheaper for a short term.

Thanks!

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Whatever electric tongue jack you get, make sure you have the manual crank or a socket set for operating it. Just saying...BTDT with our USAR trailer. Good thing there was a fork lift nearby.

pegmikef

Zach, we also have the Barker VIP 3500 for our 26LRSS and it has worked well for almost two years. It comes with the manual crank that John mentioned. You can get one off the internet cheaper than most of the dealers prices.

APT

I'm happy with my Ultrafab 3502. Under $100 shipped for a refurbished one. Manual override. Keep in mind that these are likely slower than manual cranking. It's just less work for the operator.

ZNK

Everyone recommending the Barker 3500, do you have the 18" or the 24"? I am thinking I will go with the 24" sometimes I have to had a lot of blocks underneath to level the rig. I thinking the extra 6 inches will help eliminate the need to carry all of these extra blocks?

It appears that Barker is top of the line. It has excellent reviews. Thanks for solidifying my thoughts, now I just need to make a decision on the height. :D

pegmikef

Everyone recommending the Barker 3500, do you have the 18" or the 24"? I am thinking I will go with the 24" sometimes I have to had a lot of blocks underneath to level the rig. I thinking the extra 6 inches will help eliminate the need to carry all of these extra blocks?

It appears that Barker is top of the line. It has excellent reviews. Thanks for solidifying my thoughts, now I just need to make a decision on the height. :D

Go with the 24 inch. A lot of state and coe parks often have somewhat steep camp sites where you have to jack up the tongure pretty high. Don't get rid of the extra blocks though because I have sometimes needed them too. I always use them because I figure the shorter the shaft, the more stable the rig is.

PeternLiane

Go with the 24" you'll be a lot happier.

ZNK

Thanks for the advice. I figured that bigger is better in this case.

Pegmike- Yeah, from the physics knowledge I learned a few years back the TT should be more stable with a smaller lever arm. Less room for motion.

ZNK

Go with the 24 inch. A lot of state and coe parks often have somewhat steep camp sites where you have to jack up the tongure pretty high. Don't get rid of the extra blocks though because I have sometimes needed them too. I always use them because I figure the shorter the shaft, the more stable the rig is.

I am not sure I will get to experience many state parks while I am in WA. The state parks seem to not be able to accept my rig.. It is a bit long for them.

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
Keep hunting....we can fit into some state parks at 41ft - so I know that you can! Go with the 24" and be safe rather than sorry.

pegmikef

Oh yeah and make sure you always chock your trailer wheels before you disconnect from your tow vehicle . . . especially on the steeper sites!

Marge

All who wander are not lost.
I am not sure I will get to experience many state parks while I am in WA. The state parks seem to not be able to accept my rig.. It is a bit long for them.
Ah some State Parks you can fit into easily.

Pacific Beach St, Park, at Pacific Beach. (my signature picture was taken at Pacific Beach St. Park)
Cape Disappointment (formerly Ft. Canby) down below Long Beach.
Grayland St. Park, Grayland.
I'm pretty sure you could get in Maryhill St. Park on the Columbia River too.

ZNK

Ah some State Parks you can fit into easily.

Pacific Beach St, Park, at Pacific Beach. (my signature picture was taken at Pacific Beach St. Park)
Cape Disappointment (formerly Ft. Canby) down below Long Beach.
Grayland St. Park, Grayland.
I'm pretty sure you could get in Maryhill St. Park on the Columbia River too.

Are you sure? I am 35 feet long... Then you have to add my truck in there.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Don't let your truck stop you from enjoying a state park. You can always park it in side ways or even in the over flow parking area.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes it is, but the campgrounds have so much to offer instead of a long site. And alot of them have those too.

ZNK

It sure would be nice to find a nice place that allows campfires. So many of the places around here do not allow a campfire! Frustrating!

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
You've pretty much been staying in RV Parks - many of which (possibly even most) don't have fire rings...find yourselves some 'campgrounds' and you'll have a better chance at getting a campfire!