electrical plugs in the living room and kitchen dont work

Buechler

The plugs in my 5th stopped working, the plugs in the living room and the kitchen stopped working and some say they are GFI protected. The only GFI plug is right by the refrig and I replaced it. There is power coming from all of the breakers and I can not find another one. This plug has wired going to it but none going out of it.Where else would there be another GFI

cookie

Administrator
Staff member
Welcome to the forum Buechler. Lots of great people and information here.
You didn't mention what floor plan or year you have so information you receive may not pertain to your rig.

If the receptacles in question are in a slide you might want to take a look under it and look for an electrical box.
It should be screwed to the frame.
With the power disconnected, remove the cover and look for a wire nut that may have come loose.
Also check for a pinched or abraded wire.

There may also be a GFI located in the bathroom.

Peace
Dave

wdk450

It would help to know the product line, model and year of your rig, so like unit owners can post to help you. The only GFI outlet you can find having no output wires sounds fishy. Any outlets outside, or near possibly wet locations should be wired to GFI protection by electrical code requirements.

Most of the GFI's in the rigs I am familiar with are located next to the bathroom sink.

Mizmary

We actually had a loose connection in our 50AMP cord that caused this same problem. (Not the RV - the actual power cord.) We have generator prep- we checked the pole and it was good - then we ran the generator and had power everywhere. So, after tearing apart the underneath checking the transfer box and some other electrical things the hubby knows about (I am almost clueless), we checked the cord. Problem solved. Check there too.

sfjjoker

I am currently having the same problem with our Cyclone. We have been on generator power, last night everything worked and this morning all worked for about 10 minutes then the plugs in the kitchen, living room and the bedroom died. Refer works, micro works, no breakers popped (cycled all), no fuses popped and the only GFI i can find on the system is the bathroom and it is not popped or powered, garage plugs work (GFI works in garage) and the tv plug in the bedroom works (rest are dead). Don't have a place to plug in shore power yet. HELP?

jimtoo

I am currently having the same problem with our Cyclone. We have been on generator power, last night everything worked and this morning all worked for about 10 minutes then the plugs in the kitchen, living room and the bedroom died. Refer works, micro works, no breakers popped (cycled all), no fuses popped and the only GFI i can find on the system is the bathroom and it is not popped or powered, garage plugs work (GFI works in garage) and the tv plug in the bedroom works (rest are dead). Don't have a place to plug in shore power yet. HELP?

Hi sfjjoker,

Welcome to the Heartland Owners Forum. We have a great bunch of folks here with lots of information and all willing to share their knowledge when needed.

Sounds like you need to check the transfer switch for the shore power/generator. I have heard of some problems with contacts burning, loose wiring there... there might even be a breaker on the transfer switch,, I don't know for sure. But I think that would be a place to start looking. Make sure your not plugged into shore power and the generator not running when you check.

I'm sure you will get more help from our other members soon.

Let us know what you find.

Jim M

danemayer

Check the circuit breakers on the generator. One may have tripped.

sfjjoker

Check the circuit breakers on the generator. One may have tripped.

Thank you. I was not aware that there was another set of breakers on the generator as well. One was indeed tripped. Still "getting to know" our new 2nd home. Appreciate the help.