electrical - step light on Landmark

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Perhaps a short in the switch. Take the switch plate off to check that the wires behind it aren't touching. Beyond that simple solution, hopefully one of our resident electricians can come up with some other possibilities.

sgtbigb

Speaking of lites, I have some replacement fluorescent lights that was sent by Heartland to replace some original faulty ones. The problem I have with the new ones is how do take off the lend covers to change a burnt out bulb. I know this sounds like a stupid question, however I am unable to remove the lens to changes the bulb.:confused:

KENNY COCHRAN

MCNEESE STATE COWBOYS #1
Normally grab the lens in the middle and squeeze a little on both sides, should pull down and off. Similar to the regular lens cover on the smaller 12 lights in your rf.

danemayer

Heartland also replaced fluorescents for me and the covers are removed differently. Push lightly on the center to spread the cover a bit and pull one edge down.

sgtbigb

Heartland also replaced fluorescents for me and the covers are removed differently. Push lightly on the center to spread the cover a bit and pull one edge down.
Thank you Dan, it was so simple to remove, God bless :=)

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
I have a new Grand Canyon and am unable to get the step light to go off. Has anyone had this problem and what did you do??

Did you ever get this solved? I'm assuming you mean the amber light under the steps. On our 2011 Grand Canyon, the switch is down low below the entry "closet". however, I know they move them around so yours may be in a different location.

DougAndJudy

If you haven't resolved this yet... I presume you have a LINC remote. Use that to turn off your understep light.