End of another season

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
Well, we pulled the rig back to storage yesterday, so our summer camping, er, RV season, is over. No major problems, everything worked and no water leaks anywhere. Had a little glitch with the water heater on propane, but it got resolved easily. Upgraded almost all of the 12V lights to LED's, got satelite TV, installed vertical blinds in the rear windows, and sprayed the rig with Mouse-Free. Even though the slides were out all summer, they functioned just fine when we closed up. The original Freestar tires are still looking good, springs are still bent, and the brakes work. The refer kept the beer cold all summer and the Ground Control jacks made raising/lowering/leveling a snap (and didn't go bump in the night!). Even my home repaired rear stabilizer motor worked like it should.

All in all, another fine (fourth) summer with our Heartland BH3670.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Always sad to put it away for the winter. We're planning on going out at the end of November, and possibly the end of December/early January. Looks like two or three winterizations again this year.

CrazyCooter

The peeps on right coast have it rough! I would not be happy with such a short camping season.

Were just getting started over here......:p

sjs731

We just got home tonight from our last trip for the season. Hunting season has started. Time to winterize and head for storage.

Steve
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
It really is hard to realize that for many, the seasons end is fast approaching. Since we just started moving while fulltiming, we tend to forget about the cold weather. John, glad you had a good season, and for you and everyone else that has to wait till next year, I really do feel sorry for you. But don't worry, our trip is really just beginning and we fulltimers will keep the fire burning for you all that still have to put your HL into storage for the cold months!

wdk450

BTW, What IS Winterizing??? It's supposed to be near 100 degrees for the next few days here.

jimtoo

BTW, What IS Winterizing??? It's supposed to be near 100 degrees for the next few days here.

I have often wondered what that word meant also... Win= to get something for nothing,, free.. teri= short for some type of dog?? zing= fast,,go for it...whoopee...?? I just don't know for sure//// free dog whoopee??? Just does not make any sense to me.

Maybe us folks that live in the South or far West just have different vocabularies. Ya'll folks up North and East do know what that is I hope..:)

Jim M

sjs731

It has been below freezing at night the last few nights here. At least the furnace in our rig works flawlessly.

Steve

JohnDar

Prolifically Gabby Member
It does sound short, but we did have 90 days "in residence" over the summer. Would have been more if not for some SNAFU getting a window replaced on the house early in the season. Still have a week in Myrtle Beach and another in Orlando at the end of the month, sans trailer. Then some home remodeling/cabinetry projects and working shifts at the Fire Department. Might even be teaching another Company Officer program over the winter (if the FD budget can handle it). I've usually got something to keep me busy.

ihsolutions

Don't forget the winter full of browsing these forums, wishing it was warmer.

My rig will get winterized after our last trip on Oct 29th. Shortly thereafter, Heartland is taking it back to Elkhart for further repairs hopefully for the last time. They have been awesome and very accommodating of our busy camping schedule. Still, very sad to see the end of the season fast approaching.

rick_debbie_gallant

There are other BENIFITs. Like the part of the club that has a list of members all around the country and Canada that are there to lend a hand if broke down, or open up their yard (private campground) for you to stay at if you so desire. (We are part of that group, We have a huge front yard with 30 amp service, free wifi, a pull through site.

Like others have said the rally's, help with advice if you are having problems. I could write a page with the bennies but I think you get the picture. View attachment 21450

Friends from CO THAT STOPPED BY OUR place over a month ago and stayed in our private campground. They said come to the maritimes with us. The next morning we were add to a rally and we are now in LUBEC Maine after first visiting PEI, NOVA SCOTIA AN NEW BRUNSWICK. we should be home In MI. tie up loose ends and then head for TEXAS.
our private campground for a night.

Dave49

Although we are originally from MI. we understand winterizing real well. It use to mean putting that pink stuff in the water lines. But today its better known as head south or west young man, it's getting cold. Still here in MI but heading out Thurs. for a trek southward taking our time getting to Gulf Shores AL where we will spend a month then on to FL for the remainder of the winter. Now thats what I call winterizing and fulltiming all in one ;)

Dave