Entry door window trim yellowing !

1231ChaseB

Well i got tired of looking at the plastic window trim being yellow so yesterday i took it apart and got some plastic paint and painted it white like it's supposed to be ! Boy what a difference it make's ! I also took the plastic oven vent off and painted it white too ! Anyway the window ring being white again look's way better !
chaseb

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Yes, we did the same but failed to get the glass in properly. Ended up with a new window and BLACK frame. ;)

I also sprayed the vent white. Nature of the beast, nearly every older RV out there has a yellowed vent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
First thing we did when we came home from the dealer. Also did the outside shower, outside electric box and the light housing.

porthole

Retired
I now have painted white frames, did that when I installed the stain glass panels.

Ray T bought some type of cleaner while out in Goshen and cleaned his frames. His looked as good as mine did painted.

Bob&Patty

Founders of SoCal Chapter
Mr. Clean magic erasers work real well for taking off the yellow. They work real well on white trucks and other colors with yellow door moldings.

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
I was going to paint ours when we put in the stained glass at the rally. I tried spraying it heavily with Awesome. The yellow just seemed to drizzle away. It looks pretty good now. No pics though, sorry.

1231ChaseB

Having painted the yellow window trim i got to thinking what a pain that frosted window is so i went to the local glass shop and got a clear one to put back in the door ! Thinking that maybe it might be easier to see the awning going in or out and also seeing who might be knocking on the door ! It had to be tempered or he wouldn't sell me regular glass ! He said if it's for a door it was the law ???? I guess he has to protect himself !
chaseb

stevebotts

I sprayed mine with Totally Awesome from the Dollar Store, and the yellow started running off. After a good wipe with a rag, is white again.