EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: AZ, Amado - 10/11/2018 to 10/14/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

llalsbury

Arizona Chapter Leaders - retired
We have had a cancelation so 1 site is opened up on a first come first served basis. If you have any questions make a post to this thread or send a PM, email or phone call. 503-440-9818

F_Goose

We need to cancel our attendance at the rally.

We are disappointed as we were looking forward to joining in the fun and also to really exploring the area. However, we have an opportunity to go to Maui for the month of October, so guess which location won out.

Hope everyone has a great time.
Fred and Leslie

llalsbury

We need to cancel our attendance at the rally.

We are disappointed as we were looking forward to joining in the fun and also to really exploring the area. However, we have an opportunity to go to Maui for the month of October, so guess which location won out.

Hope everyone has a great time.
Fred and Leslie

Can't understand why you would choose Hawaii over Amado, AZ. Have fun and stay tuned for our rally in planning for Oct. 2019 to be held north of Phoenix.

llalsbury

Neil & Judy Kather and Ron & Cookie Moen have been removed from the observatory standby list and now have seats on the tour.

We still have some folks that have not signed up for breakfast or the Forum class/Q&A.

I need to firm up the number for breakfast within the next 2 weeks, so please let me know if you want to attend the breakfast soon.

llalsbury

Bill & Linda Memmer are signed up for the Amado rally in Oct. Bill & Linda are changing chapter membership to AZ from Oregon. They have been added to the standby list for the observatory tour as well as we will see them at the Cow Palace for breakfast on Saturday.

llalsbury

I have made some minor changes to the schedule for the rally. I may also add one or two more functions. One to Thursday evening and one to Friday game night, so stay tuned as we get closer to the rally. This is going to be a great rally with 28 rigs attending. Be ready for lots of fun.

Mrsfish

Just an FYI - we have changed our arrival date for the rally from the 11th to the 10th. We have confirmed with the rv Park.

Ron-Cookie

We like your decision Ann... We changed our reservation (confirmed with the RV Park) to arriving on the 10th and leaving on the 14th (4 nights)... I'm glad we called they had us in on the 11th and out on the 13th (only 2 nights!)... We sure don't want to miss Saturday evening!

llalsbury

The attendees list has been changed to 10/10/2018 arrivals for Moens and Haddocks. Thanks for coming a day earlier you won't be disappointed in the area, the venue and the rally.

- - - Updated - - -

Jim B. has asked for two electric skillets for cooking his eggs on Sunday AM. Rose and I have a roaster for keeping cooked eggs warm. Had Jims eggs at Pueblo they were fantastic, too bad we can't have Nellie muffins as well.

Please reply to this post if you can provide a skillet for Jim to use.

Mrsfish

The attendees list has been changed to 10/10/2018 arrivals for Moens and Haddocks. Thanks for coming a day earlier you won't be disappointed in the area, the venue and the rally.

- - - Updated - - -

Jim B. has asked for two electric skillets for cooking his eggs on Sunday AM. Rose and I have a roaster for keeping cooked eggs warm. Had Jims eggs at Pueblo they were fantastic, too bad we can't have Nellie muffins as well.

Please reply to this post if you can provide a skillet for Jim to use.

we can bring a big electric skillet. It’s 1 and 1/2 normal size.. and we’ll bring biscuits and sausage gravy to go with them

jbeletti

we can bring a big electric skillet. It’s 1 and 1/2 normal size.. and we’ll bring biscuits and sausage gravy to go with them

Thanks Ann. Is it a non-stick skillet?

I carry all of this stuff but we're rolling out after I drop the eggs off and we eat as we need to push back home for a quick turn. Anyway, by cooking is other peoples stuff, I don't have to spend time back at my RV cleaning up and stowing. Thanks!

Mrsfish

I carry all of this stuff but we're rolling out after I drop the eggs off and we eat as we need to push back home for a quick turn. Anyway, by cooking is other peoples stuff, I don't have to spend time back at my RV cleaning up and stowing. Thanks!

yep- non stick. And I’m happy to do your schlepping for you😉. Let me know if you need anything else as Amado is only 45 miles from home (10miles from work).. looking forward to seeing you both again and catching up

llalsbury

Jim, don't worry about cooking other peoples stuff and cleaning up. I am trained in schlepping (Monday burger night at the local Legion) and I am sure others in addition to Ann and I will join in as well.

Looking forward to seeing you guys again.

DebiMac

Sadly, we (John & Debi Mac Vie) need to cancel our reservations for this wonderful rally. We see so many friends on the list and we will miss every one of you! We really wanted to attend! But...it’s for a happy reason...daughter is having her first baby. She’s in South Carolina so we’ll be headed back there. We’ll look forward to seeing pictures and hearing about all the fun everyone has at this rally!

llalsbury

Sadly, we (John & Debi Mac Vie) need to cancel our reservations for this wonderful rally. We see so many friends on the list and we will miss every one of you! We really wanted to attend! But...it’s for a happy reason...daughter is having her first baby. She’s in South Carolina so we’ll be headed back there. We’ll look forward to seeing pictures and hearing about all the fun everyone has at this rally!

We will miss you folks and be sure to have a safe trip. Check out what is planned for a rally in October 2019.

llalsbury

With a new cancellation the Finney's have been moved up from the standby list to seats on the bus for observatory tour.

We have had three cancellations for the rally - so if anyone would like to attend, get in touch with De Anaz RV Resort to see if you might be able to get a site reservation with them (the site cost may not be at the rally rate). We would love to have you.

llalsbury

On Sunday night 9/2 the Amado area received between 5 and 9 inches of rain resulting in what is now referred to a 500 year flood. Our rally venue is untouched however The Cow Palace received severe water damage. A 4 to 5 foot wall of water entered the backdoor of The Cow Palace destroyed the kitchen and traveled though the dinning area then busted out the front doors. Needles to say our planned breakfast was not going to happen at The Cow Palace.

Rose and I have contacted our rally venue, De Anza RV Resort and asked for help. Bob and Amy have stepped up and offered to open the restaurant at the park and put our breakfast buffet on for us.

We don't have a lot of details worked out yet but in the next few days we will make a post to this thread with more information. The menu might change some and the price could change as well but we are sure Bob and Amy will do a great job for us.

llalsbury

We have have had a late cancellation, so that opened up a pair of seats on the observatory tour. Next in line on the stand by list are the Arganbrights to fill those 2 open seats.

llalsbury

We have had another cancelation so two more seats have opened up on the observatory tour. Bill & Linda Memmer have been moved off of the stand by list and have seats on the bus to the observatory and we have one open seat remaining. The standy by list is cleared.

Status
Not open for further replies.