EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CO, Buena Vista - 5/12/2016 to 5/15/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
Well . . . that sad moment has arrived where it is time to hitch up and head home from yet another fun HOC Rally!

It was a great weekend and we had lots of fun!

Can't wait to meet up again in Mountaindale!

Thanks Gregg and Linda for planning such a great event and safe travels everyone!

JohnD

We made it home and am almost all unpacked!

Wish we could have stayed one more night to keep the party going a little longer . . .

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Just walked in the door....14 hours...I-10 was closed in all lanes from Lordsburg NM to west of Bowie AZ....Had to take a detour way out of the way to get home....Great to be home! Again, it was a super Rally and a big congrats on your first Rally!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to Sept....
Safe travels to everyone!

Great rally and the weather cooperated. Nice to meet lots of new people since have missed quite a few rallies the past couple of years.

Shortest Straw

Caught In A Mosh
Thank you Gregg and Linda for putting on a fun rally. We enjoyed seeing everyone again and meeting those of you who were new to the group.

I do have one suggestion. You maybe should gently break it to that fella from Saturday nights steal a gift that he would fail miserably on the Price is Right.

JohnD

We drove through a lot of rain yesterday coming back to Denver and it is raining much harder today.

Be safe on your way home, everyone!

Miss you all ready!

Can't wait for Mountaindale!

JohnD

Just walked in the door....14 hours...I-10 was closed in all lanes from Lordsburg NM to west of Bowie AZ....Had to take a detour way out of the way to get home....Great to be home! Again, it was a super Rally and a big congrats on your first Rally!!!!!!!!!!

Looking forward to Sept....
Safe travels to everyone!

Can't wait to see you and your new Sundance at Mountaindale!

Glad you and the girls made it home safe and sound!

We ran into a lot of heavy rain and hydroplanening on the way home from Buena Vista.

dwpkdavis

Made it home safe and sound, drove through wet heavy snow through Kenosha Pass. I saw several two wheel drive cars slide off the road on the curves. Thank goodness I had four wheel dually!

MissileMech

Sue, Devin, and I had a wonderful time and really enjoyed everyone. The activities were a lot of fun and Devin is still working on his Bucket O' Candy!!

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
We made it home at 11:00 am without any snow. We did drive in and out of showers and had small hail outside of Hartsel.

Linda and I would like to thank everyone for the help and good food to make this rally a fun time.

Lou_and_Bette

What a great time we had during our first foray into the Rockies. Got to Meeker without any problems, did go through some snow and rain showers but nothing really bad. Had planned to go 24 to I-70 but my GPS took me from 24 to CO 91 to I-70 so we didn't get the experience of going over Tennessee Pass - oh well, maybe on another trip. P.S. Darren, we have your "quick disconnect Y fitting." Will try and meet you when we get to Fort Collins or we will drop it in the mail.

JohnD

Sue, Devin, and I had a wonderful time and really enjoyed everyone. The activities were a lot of fun and Devin is still working on his Bucket O' Candy!!

It was so nice to meet you all and hope you guys can make many more future HOC events!

Buena Vista was our seventh HOC Rally . . . and they just keep getting better each and every time!

dwpkdavis

What a great time we had during our first foray into the Rockies. Got to Meeker without any problems, did go through some snow and rain showers but nothing really bad. Had planned to go 24 to I-70 but my GPS took me from 24 to CO 91 to I-70 so we didn't get the experience of going over Tennessee Pass - oh well, maybe on another trip. P.S. Darren, we have your "quick disconnect Y fitting." Will try and meet you when we get to Fort Collins or we will drop it in the mail.

Thank you! Let us know when you get to Ft. Collins...........

JohnD

Yes . . . let us know when you come back to Ft. Collins so we and others might meet up with you!

Heck . . . maybe we'll even buy you dinner!

Maybe . . . ? ? ? :eek:

Bgthomas

Thanks to everyone for welcoming us and tolerating Stephanie. She has no problem introducing herself into your personal space. We ran through rain most of the way home, but made it safely. We're booked for the rest of the season, but will see you next year.

JohnD

Thanks to everyone for welcoming us and tolerating Stephanie. She has no problem introducing herself into your personal space. We ran through rain most of the way home, but made it safely. We're booked for the rest of the season, but will see you next year.

You guys are now part of our family . . .

Can't wait to have you attend another Colorado Rally!

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Here is the view of our campground at the CO Rally at Arrowhead Point in Buena Vista last week. We also had a Rig Poker Run and everyone enjoyed the snacks and getting to know all in attendance. The views of the Collegiate Peaks was awe inspiring from the tent campground.

BV Rally .jpgIMG_4303.jpgIMG_3820.jpg

JohnD

I'm still recovering from that massive sun burn I got on Saturday afternoon while many of us were standing around solving all of the worlds problems . . . plus creating a few new ones!

One of my coworkers said I looked like I got attacked by a pit bull!

DOH!

I just put some lotion on it so it doesn't look so bad right now . . .

Maybe later I'll do a selfie and post it here.

I'll do my best to make it look like Nick Nolte's mug shot!

NolteMug-tightcrop_400x400.jpg

MissileMech

Sorry to hear you got too much sun. Devin cooked his shoulders and he had a dermatologist appointment on Monday. He got a face full of unhappy derma doctor. We enjoyed meeting the two of you and look forward to the next gathering. Get well!

Status
Not open for further replies.