EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: CO, Buena Vista - 5/12/2016 to 5/15/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Domi

Got special dispensation from work so we will be arriving Wednesday instead of Thursday.

Installed the new Glow steps today. Really nice mod. Got a set for 2 step 25.5 inch steps that I don't know what to do with now. If anyone wants them I will be happy to bring them to the rally.

Looking forward to our first rally.

John and Domi

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Glad to hear you can spend some extra time. The forecast is looking good for the weekend.

JohnD

Moved on to the next thing...
I wound up with having an extra day off after the rally (Monday) . . . but Cathy doesn't, so we can't stay over . . . DOH!

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
Got special dispensation from work so we will be arriving Wednesday instead of Thursday.

Installed the new Glow steps today. Really nice mod. Got a set for 2 step 25.5 inch steps that I don't know what to do with now. If anyone wants them I will be happy to bring them to the rally.

Looking forward to our first rally.

John and Domi

Post some pics of the new steps!

Greengas

Major hiccup. Right now my kitchen slide is in-op. Working hard to get it fixed so we can be at the Rally on Thursday. Fingers crossed.

JohnD

We'll be heading out around 11 a.m. . . . see you this afternoon!

Gonna' go out and hitch up in a few minutes.

JohnD

We had a great opening night here in Buena Vista, Colorado . . .

Here are some photos:

HOCBuenaVista-P5120156.jpg HOCBuenaVista-P5120159.jpg HOCBuenaVista-P5120160.jpg HOCBuenaVistaView-P5120164.jpg HOCBuenaVistaCampfire-P5120168.jpg

First shot our new Grand Poobah addressing the crowd and cracking jokes, second and third shots the food line, fourth shot the view from the campfire, and last shot trying to keep warm on a chilly night in the Rockies!

- - - Updated - - -

we'll be hitting the road from Aurora around 10am. With lunch, we should be there 1:30ish.

Can't wait to meet you and the others who are to arrive on Friday!

gwalter

Retired Colorado Chapter Leaders
Thanks for the pictures John. This is proof that you have more talent than just riding that wild bronco in Tucson.

danemayer

Lots happening today. Some of the guys played golf. For Gregg, it was just another day on the course. And a story about a mud puddle.
Gregg-Golf.jpg

And some of us went on a micro-brewery tour in town. JohnD was ready to bring home some Crank Yankers, but alas, the cans were empty.
JohnD-crankyanker.jpg

Attachments

• Greg-Golf2.jpg
    Greg-Golf2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 16
  • Greg Golf.JPG
    Greg Golf.JPG
    192.7 KB · Views: 16

Doublegranch

Mountain Region Director-Retired
Gregg & Linda: What a super Rally you put on! You guys did a great job and worked very hard.
A big thank you and to all your helpers! What a super group of folks!!!!!

I was impressed with Lou's new Southern Title - "Pancake Toter"...He did a great job but not sure of his actual job description..
Can't wait for your Colo Springs Rally!

Safe Travels to everyone on your way Home!!

Status
Not open for further replies.