EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: DE, Lincoln - 7/22/2011 to 7/24/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
It's lookin' good! They had told me about their plans for 2011 but it looks like they may be ahead of schedule they gave me. The lack of trees was something that we didn't care for but in a few years we'll be able to sit under a shade tree! The addition of the crusher run (as you called it) will be really nice once it is packed down!

Thanks for the pics and the update on the work to upgrade the facility. This is great news!

All that's left now is for us to fill our 50 sites! Please don't forget, sites are returned to the campground on June 1st. Please book early so you are assured a site with the group! You will not want to miss the HEARTLAND JULY JAM! :cool:

dieselsweetheart

For the owners to have taken a big piece of flat land (or mowed down to make) and make it into a nice campground...they knew they had a lot of work ahead of them...it will take time and $$$ and I agree with Karen over time this will be a very nice campground! We were very impressed when we first saw it a couple of years ago...the owners were so nice and made sure to show us everything and tell us their plans. We were very impressed. Sprinkle some Heartland folks into those sites and the place is gonna be VERY exciting...

mjatwalker

Retired MD Chapter ******s
Michael's the muscian in this family, however, I understand it's not too hard to play a kazoo but question is will you have someone to give a lesson or two before the band gets underway??

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Michael's the muscian in this family, however, I understand it's not too hard to play a kazoo but question is will you have someone to give a lesson or two before the band gets underway??

The great thing about the magical kazoo...if you can hum, you can master the instrument! Don't worry we're going to the rehearsal hall at some point and we'll all learn together. Remember, I'm a drummer and that is not going to help me with a kazoo!

Here's what I know for sure, it's going to be fun!

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
Stopped by the campground yesterday on the way to the Rehoboth Outlets. The two very pleasant girls working at the office were more than happy to let us in to take a ride around.

They have planted 175 trees over the winter and it looks like eventually every campsite is going to be shaded. Two weeks ago, they put crusher run down for all the pad sites. I asked if they were planning on paving, they said not at present, but each year they were going to be making improvements to the campground. They plan to put a mini-golf in next year. They also now have an outdoor movie screen. In a few years, this is going to be one very nice campground.

Snapped a couple cell pics: The first is the end of the row looking up towards the Rally sites, the second is of "our" site. It's missing the Pickinick table for some reason, but most had them.

View attachment 12978 View attachment 12979

They also had gotten a couple of their cabins in the last two days. Soon as my daughter saw them, she was ready to book a weekend, until she found out they didn't allow pets in the cabins.

Just don't "borrow" ours from next door! :D:angel:

By the way - Trees are highly overated. They just give you something else to hit when backing in!

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
By the way - Trees are highly overated. They just give you something else to hit when backing in!

Is there some experience there that we should discuss at the fireside chat??

Just want to say that backing is overated and comical! When we came home last weekend I said "I want to park the trailer". Don't think I've seen John laugh that hard in a long time! It was pretty funny trying to get that thing in the storage area space. Trust me it wasn't fast or pretty!

boatto5er

Is there some experience there that we should discuss at the fireside chat??

Just want to say that backing is overated and comical! When we came home last weekend I said "I want to park the trailer". Don't think I've seen John laugh that hard in a long time! It was pretty funny trying to get that thing in the storage area space. Trust me it wasn't fast or pretty!

Who????? Me??????:rolleyes: (Well, there was that truck thing at Cherry Hill last fall...)

boatto5er

Do not! It's 60 miles... besides, it's the MD rally that you're next to us... tho dragging a picnic table across the aisle shouldn't be too hard - now that you've given me the idea... :angel:

Ack! So many rallies - so little time:confused:. It's hard to keep them separated!:eek:

dbylinski

NE Reg Dir Retired
Want to welcome Bob & Diane Frith to the party. They will be on site 159! We had a great time with you guys in NJ and we're glad you can make this one!

Freckles

Founding New York Chapter Leader-Retired
It's going to be a great rally !! Welcome Bob & Diane to the party be ready to have a fun time !!:cool:

dieselsweetheart

SHIRTS SHIRTS SHIRTS!!! I am in the process of designing a rally shirt for this inaugural 5-stater rally.... if you'd like a shirt, order with us now. I am going to order the 100% cotton. Just put your size here. Shirts will be $10 a piece and you can pay me at the rally!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.