EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: GA, Elko - 3/16/2012 to 3/18/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

davebennington

Randy n& Santha,

Dinner was good we enjoyed it a lot. I will say it is somewhat troublesome having the oldest rig at the rally, we may have to cure that situation someday.
The good news our refrigerator works great.

dave

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Hey Dave I think having the oldest rig at a rally is kinda nice, especially when they look and operate as good as ours do.

hillsonwheels

Maaannn..........that chicken was scrumdiliumptious!!!!!!!! :D I'm sure Randy couldn't have had anything to do with the caterer choice. :rolleyes: So, a big shout out to Santha!! :angel: Thaannk yew Santha!!!!!!!!!!!

Dick

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Very nice rally Randy and Santha. Great location! Had a wonderful tie meeting new friends and seeing old ones.

Sam and I wish every one safe travels.

2psnapod2

Texas-South Chapter Leaders-Retired
Kelly and I will be sticking around until Monday, but we wanted to wish everyone that is leaving tomorrow a safe trip to your next destination, where ever that may be. The Pot luck was outstanding, as I tried a little of almost everything and LOVED everything that I tried! The Heartlander's are not only great at picking a good coach, but cooking and gathering Too! Thanks for the great time tonight the white elephant exchange was fabulous. Great job Randy and Santha at putting the rally together.

hillsonwheels

If you didn't have a great time at this rally.............it's your own fault..............AND, you're gonna have to deal with SANTHA.........:rolleyes: On the serious side, thanks to Santha and whatsis :confused: name for a great rally! Safe travels to everyone as they head out for where ever. Can't wait to see everyone down the road at the next one. As Cookie sez..........peace.....

Dick

brauch

Camping Wife
What a great rally !! Many thanks to Randy and Santha for a wonderful catered St. Pat's dinner. The Amish sure can cook!! The potluck pickings were super also. (including peppers.....yum, yum)
We want to thank everyone (Randy, Larry, Jim, etc., etc.,) for all the support and labor in helping with our tire blow out incident. Also, muchooo thanks to Larry for noticing that the other tires were not looking so good either. Changing out four tires without moving the RV was a real special feat. We now feel much safer with more reliable rubber under our Sundance. Heartland owners are the greatest !!!!
Tomorrow we head out for the Florida rally, and are looking forward to a trouble-free trip. (fingers crossed).

jbeletti

We hung out around the RV most of the day. Worked on a few small items and just hung out with Heartland friends.

A few of us are heading to Perry for dinner at Longhorn Steakhouse.

We saddle up and head 7 hours south on I-75 to Lazy Days to settle in for the FL rally. Unfortunately for us, we're dropping the coach at Camping World next to Lazy days at 8 am Tuesday to get the refer replaced. So us and the dogs will be hanging out at Lazy Days with whoever else is already there. Thanks in advance for your hospitality :)

Another shout out to Randy and Santha - very nice job once again on the rally. Each time, the attendee list is a bit different. It's great getting a few new folks each time.

Jim

2psnapod1

Texas-South Chapter Leader-Retired
We had such a wonderful time visiting with old friends, getting better acquainted with others and making new friends. They days aren't long enough to fit in all of the wonderful conversations that go on around the different rigs. Only 39 days until the Gulf Shores rally! If you haven't yet signed up...do it!

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Santha & and I appreciate all the accolades. I must say that Santha handled the scheduling and decorating at the Rally I am a very lucky person to have
her as my bride. We hope the next Georgia rally will be even better in 2013. A thank you to everyone that was at the Rally.
Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Randy

Founding Georgia Chapter Leader (Ret)
Santha also wants to know how Eric is feeling this evening. So do I. Randy, Santha and the Poodles

Flying Dutchman

Virginia Chapter Leaders - Retired
Thanks for asking. It is like a roller coaster, felt very good last Thursday and Friday, but by Saturday evening really sick. Decided to stay in Twin Oaks today to rest and recuperate instead of traveling to FL. I will decide tomorrow morning (depending on how I am through the night) whether to continue with our FL rally plans, or head back north to Virginia for more medical intervention. Thanks to Sam and Larry for sticking by us, good friends are a Godsend.

ATLJOHN

We made it home safe. We hope everyone else will have a safe trip. Randy and Santha you sure did another great job. The catered dinner on Friday was great as was the pot luck on Saturday.
It was great to see old and new friends. We look forward to our next rally. We are talking about maybe the Gulf shores.

Oh well my dreaming is over and back to work tomorrow.

See you all next time
John and Judy

ericandalice

Senior Question Asker
I really wish we'd gotten our Heartland in time to join you guys. Tough knowing there's an awesome rally going on in my home state and we have nothing to show for all this research. :) We'll try our hardest to be at the next one.

~Alice

brauch

Camping Wife
Was great to meet you at the GA rally and hope to see you again at the regional. Ed mentioned you had a 'recipe' for your black water tank without using chemicals. I would be interested in knowing that recipe. Till we meet again......
We made it home safe. We hope everyone else will have a safe trip. Randy and Santha you sure did another great job. The catered dinner on Friday was great as was the pot luck on Saturday.
It was great to see old and new friends. We look forward to our next rally. We are talking about maybe the Gulf shores.

Oh well my dreaming is over and back to work tomorrow.

See you all next time
John and Judy

hillsonwheels

Well, the Hills arrived in FL with the same four "tars" all aired up! :D A big thank you to Larry Bandstra's good twin :rolleyes: for the assist with the valve stem leak. Turns out we could've stayed a day longer. For some reason I didn't get the message that my Dr's appt. had been cancelled until the first rest stop. :confused: So, we just drove on to Lazy Days rather than go out of the way to the house in Lady Lake. Reta managed to pull all that off on the fly going down the road. :cool: These new fangled inventions are something! I'm soon gonna have to get of the old rotary dial up with the long black cord! :p

Another big THANK YOU to Randy and Santha!

Dick

davebennington

Randy & Santha,

You done good again, we always enjoy the Georgia rallies that you put on, this goes to show everyone what great Chapter Leaders you are.

We are in Bradenton, FL now, and we will be here until the FL rally begins. Eric and Dorothy were scheduled here also, I got a call from Eric last evening and he told me they would try to make it here if he felt better. Eric old friend, you health is more important than meeting up or rallies or anything else, take care of your self and do what ever you have to to get better.

dave and Julie

Christytra

Thank you to all who had a part in planning and prepping the GA rally! We had a wonderful time. The campground is one of the best private we've visited. it's a shame it is so close to home so we'll never use! We arrived home before noon on Sunday and Sam has already arrived for meetings today (MON) in Charlotte. We hated to leave so early but knew time would be limited. We had expected to leave on Saturday. July 20th to retirement eligibility then no more work on Sunday! The Southeast rally at Pine Mountain is very close to our neighborhood but we're unable to attend. Sam will be sailing in the Mug Race (The world's longest river race) in Jacksonville, Fl with my father, brother, and son that weekend. I will be parked in Flamingo Lakes in Jacksonville in the Lone Palm (North trail) with either Sasha I or Sasha II (scooters) for the four days. Then we are off to Orlando to look for next career in SCUBA. Anyway, it was very nice to meet all of you. We'll look for you at the next rally we can attend! Those attending Pine Mountain and Tullulah that weekend, have wonderful times! "Isn't fun the best thing to have?"

Status
Not open for further replies.