EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: ON, McGregor - 6/14/2013 to 6/16/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

wfwilson

Founding Canadian Region Director - Retired
Hi everyone
We are in New Braunfels TX and the weather is good. We plan to attend both Wildwood and Goshen see you then.
Regards
Wayne and Gayle

DonnyB007

Looks good for my wife Shirley and I to attend the McGregor rally. Not sure about Goshen rally.

Update (Jan 3/2013) : Will be going to McGregor Rally still, but not looking good to attend Goshen Rally.

With McGregor Rally - we will arrive early likely on June 11th
Will go on Serenity/ Lavender Tour and Walkerville Brewery Tour
Will not be doing the golfing on the Sunday
Will try and bring down some grab bags to give away from our RV World Dealership
Happy to "Openhouse" our RV
Happy to attend the early Thursday dinner in Windsor
Will attend Sat morning trailer talk discussions

Last edited:

JonV

Hi from SW Florida! We've been working out some sort of plan for our 2013 travels. If all goes well we will be in the middle of a maritime tour when the rally takes place this year so we're going to have to pass on this years rally. Hopefully we'll be there next year.

rfournelle

Canada-East Region Directors-Retired
Hi everyone,

Please read post #1 as it has been updated with some more details.

We will do additional updates as required.

Bob & Christine

rfournelle

Hi everyone,

We have added Mike & Cathy Jansen as well as Sue Pastorius & Jim Bissonnette to the list of attendees in post #1.

Bob & Christine

rfournelle

Hi everyone,

An update has been done in Post #1 to provide instructions on the payment of the rally fee.

Bob & Christine

rfournelle

Please note that the phone number in post #1 for Wildwood Golf & RV Resort has been corrected to 866-994-9699.

rfournelle

Wildwood Golf & RV Resort has indicated they are having some issues with the email address on their website.

Post #1 has been updated to provide another email address to use if you can't access the regular one. The address is joelucier@aol.com

rfournelle

Post #1 has been amended to update the list of attendees. To help you identify the changes, updates to this post will be highlighted in bold letters.

Bob

rfournelle

Post # 1 has been amended to update some details and the list of attendees.

Friendly reminder to let us know once you have registered with Wildwood Golf & RV Resort and to send an email transfer or cheque for the rally payment as instructed in Post # 1.

For those who are still undecided on attending, please note we have an exciting agenda in the works and so far, we have eight new members who have registered with Wildwood. So it will be a great opportunity to make many new friends.

Dale Smith

We arrived home in Ontario, 10 days ago, after our winter stay in Arizona. We took approximately 2 weeks of travel making our way across the country, on our way home. We saw a lot more interesting countryside and enjoyed our trip home very much.

We are now looking forward to the rally season. It is good to see that so many people have signed up to attend the rally in McGregor.

Good job on the quarterly newsletter! Of course we are a bit biased as Jake the wonder dog was featured in the pet section!

Looking forward to seeing everyone in McGregor!

Dale and Alice Smith
Jake

TimnJo

For those going on from the Ontario rally to Goshen, what route do you suggest?

We leave from near Ottawa Sunday morning, may make it to Wildwood to overnight before heading to the national rally in Goshen.

Tim & Jo

rfournelle

For those going on from the Ontario rally to Goshen, what route do you suggest?

We leave from near Ottawa Sunday morning, may make it to Wildwood to overnight before heading to the national rally in Goshen.

Tim & Jo

Tim,

We're from North Gower, near Ottawa, and previously when we went directly to the Goshen rally from Ottawa, we took the route going through Sarnia. The distance is almost identical than going through Windsor, but the US crossing in Sarnia is a lot easier (much less traffic) than Windsor. The Mapquest link is: http://mapq.st/13k1kz6.

If you decide to go through Wildwood Resort, a group of us are leaving Monday to go to Goshen. Personally, we will likely take I75 after the Ambassador Bridge crossing to Ohio and then taking I90W/I80W (toll road) towards Chicago into Indiana (see Mapquest link: http://mapq.st/ZrXJ1f).

Hope this helps.

Bob

TimnJo

Thanks for that Bob.

I came back from Indianapolis a couple of years back through Sarnia; virtually no wait at the border crossing.

I guess it depends what time we get away and how long I want to drive on the Sunday whether we make it to Wildwood or stop before or...

The route given by Mapquest is the same as Google maps and MS Streets and trips, so I guess that's the consensus.

Tim & Jo

Status
Not open for further replies.