EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: PA, Rockwood - 9/11/2015 to 9/13/2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

jassson007

Founding Louisiana Chapter Leaders-Retired
None of that sounds like bluebell homemade vanilla. Lol. Although Jo would be all over the moose tracks. Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

JWalker

Northeast Region Director-Retired
Is there a dinner Sat.? Pot luck, or meat provided? Just so we can plan groceries.

There is not one planned. We decided to go with big breakfast Saturday morning. There are so many festivals going on Saturday that we did not want to interfere with anyone's plans for Saturday afternoon/evening. Not to say we might not have an impromptu potluck with anybody that's hanging around.

Saturday morning breakfast: Bacon, eggs, pancakes and toast. Coffee and Juice.

See you soon.

JWalker

Just a little info for those coming from the PA Turnpike exit 110. It took 17 minutes with the trailer, from toll booth to entrance if the campground. It will vary because the town traffics and the number of light you might hit.

Bones

Just a little info for those coming from the PA Turnpike exit 110. It took 17 minutes with the trailer, from toll booth to entrance if the campground. It will vary because the town traffics and the number of light you might hit.
When you got off and came to the light did you go across the road and around town or did you turn right into town? And thanks for the info.

JWalker

When you got off and came to the light did you go across the road and around town or did you turn right into town? And thanks for the info.

I turned right. But you can do both. Both lead you to Main Street. Look for 281 south signs.

-Come off turnpike. At light at Harley Davidson dealer, go straight. Go to second light (CVS), Turn right on Main Street.

-Come off turnpike. At light at Harley Davidson dealer, turn right. Go to third light, turn right on a Main Street.

-When you get onto Main Street, get into Left lane. When you come to the end of the one-way street on main street you must turn left to get onto 281 S.

-Follow 281 south to campground.

JWalker

My recommendation would be to go straight and turn at the CVS. There is a little bit more room to make it the turn there. It is a lot tighter and more congested in the main part of town to make the turn. Both ways can be done easily. That is just my opinion.

Bones

My recommendation would be to go straight and turn at the CVS. There is a little bit more room to make it the turn there. It is a lot tighter and more congested in the main part of town to make the turn. Both ways can be done easily. That is just my opinion.
Thanks

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
There is some construction on the turnpike coming from both ways up to exit 110. Not bad. They are in the process of putting in a third lane on the turnpike.

If the PTC website is up to date the only construction from I79 to I83 is in the EB lanes between Donegal and Somerset lanes. Donegal is west of Somerset for those not familiar with the PA turnpike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JWalker

I can't remember if I mentioned this before but I will mention it again. There are several diesel fuel stations in Somerset but most are difficult to get in and out of with a trailer. If you are unhooked, I recommend these two. Both have quality fuel and move high volumes.

9fznro.jpg

10ga3ns.jpg

JWalker

3 rigs here now.

1 Landmark- Terry & Carroll H.
1 Big Country- Stephanie & Jessie
1 Elkridge- the Walkers

Who's NEXT??

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We're planning to arrive tomorrow a day early. Probably be there by mid afternoon. Called office- our site is open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.