EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: SC, Hilton Head Island - 4/5/2013 to 4/7/2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJnVA

Ray & Lin,
Looks like we will be joining you in Hardeeville on Thursday April 4 before heading to HHI on the 5th! Just made a reservation. Will be traveling 320 miles that day from Orlando so will get in late afternoon. Enjoyed breaking bread together and sharing stories at the Williston Rally last weekend. Judi & Jack

Ray LeTourneau

Senior Member - Past Moderator
Ray & Lin,
Looks like we will be joining you in Hardeeville on Thursday April 4 before heading to HHI on the 5th! Just made a reservation. Will be traveling 320 miles that day from Orlando so will get in late afternoon. Enjoyed breaking bread together and sharing stories at the Williston Rally last weekend. Judi & Jack
Good to hear! We're in site 73 but that doesn't tell you much. Their site numbering system is strange? We're in the last row (farthest north) fairly close to the highway. Just look for the Red Truck. Lin & I went over to Hilton Head Harbor yesterday to get a preview. Nice place!!! Sites seem a bit short but I guess that depends on what's available at the time. Dale's rig is on Site 121 so hopefully they'll have a few empty sites nearby. I also found out we won't be getting any discount due to having less than 10 rigs. They were vey apologetic but it's the rules. See you Thursday. If you don't feel like cooking we could go to the Pink Pig up the road. Interesting place with good food.:cool:

mntnman

Past Chapter Leader, SC and KY
Ray I found out yesterday tha we could not get the discount it be cause all of the sites are privately owned and since you pick the site went you get to the park they just have to follow the rules of the resort. Michelle and I will be in Wednesday night around 6 pm if all goes good.

Ray LeTourneau

Ray I found out yesterday that we could not get the discount it's because all of the sites are privately owned and since you pick the site went you get to the park they just have to follow the rules of the resort. Michelle and I will be in Wednesday night around 6 pm if all goes good.
It's not a big deal. I understand about rules for sure. I found out there's a farmers market in Bluffton Thursday afternoon. In addition to market stuff, there's food! If Jack & Judy are here in time, we may try to convince them to join us there. Interested?

mntnman

The farmer market is something that I would like to go to I've heard that its pretty good. The local food stand has good shrimp and some fresh veggies.
Ray do you have and address for the market?

lduguay

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
Not to crash anyone's party, but the Farmers Market sounds like fun.

We are "caravanning" with the Deals and should arrive sometime before lunchtime........just in case you would let some North Carolinians tag along??:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Ray LeTourneau

Not to crash anyone's party, but the Farmers Market sounds like fun.

We are "caravanning" with the Deals and should arrive sometime before lunchtime........just in case you would let some North Carolinians tag along??:rolleyes::rolleyes:
Sounds good to me. I'll PM my cell to you.

mntnman

Lance looking forward to seeing your new RV and the classic Landmark pull in. I would like to go to the market to get some things for the chicken dinner on Saturday. Have a safe trip.

JJnVA

It's not a big deal. I understand about rules for sure. I found out there's a farmers market in Bluffton Thursday afternoon. In addition to market stuff, there's food! If Jack & Judy are here in time, we may try to convince them to join us there. Interested?
Would love to join you at the Farmer's Market - great shrimp, fresh veggies, and fun company would be awesome. But we think that with snowbird and spring break traffic from where we are in the west Orlando area now, we most likely won't be arriving and set up in Hardeeville until at least 3:00. Just let us know how to catch up with you if you think you will be there late afternoon.

mntnman

Lets hope tha that the weather will clear out before we go to the farmers market. If we have rain will use the onwers lounge for the meals and movie.

trdeal

Lance,you know we are bringing 2 very special guests with us, so you are gonna need to behave.

KYWOMAN

I can't believe it's almost here!! This is going to be a very laid back type of rally, it will be a great time to relax visit with friends and gear up for the regional rally in Waynesville. I have a couple ideas for Saturday if anyone is interested. Old Town Bluffton is suppose to be really nice. Dale and I have not had a chance to walk it but we've heard it's very nice. If you haven't ever done one of the Dolphin tours would be fun. Live Oak does one right out of the resort. We've even seen bald eagles. We'll have access to the owner's lounge so if anyone has any card games/games they like bring them along in case it rains. It may be a small rally, but the way I look at it it's not about quantity it's about quality! See all of you soon!!

lduguay

A SMALL Rally IS the BEST Rally!!!!

Terry, I will TRY to be good......I just gotta remember to bring my medication!!!!smiley-face-grin.jpg

mntnman

Lance just be yourself that what these rallies are for just a fun relaxing weekend with friends.

KYWOMAN

Have you ever thought that maybe it's the rest of us that need medication!!

I can't wait to get a tour of the new rig. Dale get your check book ready!

lduguay

Have you ever thought that maybe it's the rest of us that need medication!!

I can't wait to get a tour of the new rig. Dale get your check book ready!

Awwww, no need for a check, we take CASH ONLY for tours!! 2009_monsters_vs_aliens_035.jpg

mntnman

I will send her over with cash for the tour this weekend. Please make it so next week she will not want you tour any of the new RV's next week at the regional rally. I'm not ready to upgrade yet.

mntnman

Michelle and I will be in around 6 PM we are on site 121. We will walk around to see who in in and stop by to say hi.

SouthernNights

Past South Carolina Chapter Leader
Michelle and Dale,

Sam and I want to wish you all the best on your Hilton Head Rally. What a beautiful venue. I know everyone attending will have a great time.
We will miss all of you ( even Lance if I have too.)

Status
Not open for further replies.