EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TN, Sevierville - 4/26/2018 to 4/29/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

JJC

retired Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Greetings all!

Post #1 has been updated with the latest sign ups for events. There is plenty of room for additions so let me know if we need to add you to one of the following lists: Distillery Tour, Loco Burro dinner, Local Goat Dinner, Smoky Mountain Adventure Dinner Show (limited availability).

We're also starting a list of teams and excuses for the Corn Hole Tournament Saturday afternoon. You can sign up by team (2) or as a single and we will create teams. Our sponsor Yee Haw Brewing Co will be at this event with samples :cool: This should make for a fun afternoon of friendly competition and socializing!

kimdot

John and Melinda,

Please put us down to attend the two dinners - Loco Burro and Local Goat.

Thanks,

klindgren

Retired Virginia Chapter Leaders
John. I'll tell you tonight at dinner, but just to make it "official" please add Carol and I to the dinner on both Tuesday and Wednesday. Sound like we're gonna have a ball!

Mike-n-Justina

John and Melinda sign Mike and me up for the Local Goat and Mexican restaurant. Also sign Nick and Darlene and John and Donna up. Thanks and see ya soon.

JJC

Greetings All,
Final agenda and latest list of sign ups have been updated in Post #1. I will update the Corn Hole list later.
John and Melinda

JJC

Greetings All,
Final agenda and latest list of sign ups have been updated in Post #1. I will update the Corn Hole list later.
John and Melinda

Directions alert!!!!!!
A few folks have missed the entrance and had to make a u-turn. Please use these directions from the Resort website:

Directions to River Plantation RV Resort

Please do not rely on GPS directions as they force guests to make a U-turn or to turn on Oak Street. Please use our directions for ease of navigation..

Please note if you are traveling 441 S that your GPS may inform you that there is a U-turn required or it may tell you to make a right turn on Oak Street. Please do not turn on Oak Street or make a U-turn. It is a residential area and there are no easy exit streets. This is NOT accurate. There is a left turn lane located at the Entrance of our Resort! Most of the time the GPS will not recognize this update. Feel free to Call one of Team Members at River Plantation RV Resort for help finding our location or Enter your location into Google Maps Below! Check availability for your next vacation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CoveredWagon

Directions alert!!!!!!
A few folks have missed the entrance and had to make a u-turn. Please use these directions from the Resort website:

Directions to River Plantation RV Resort

Please do not rely on GPS directions as they force guests to make a U-turn or to turn on Oak Street. Please use our directions for ease of navigation..

Please note if you are traveling 441 S that your GPS may inform you that there is a U-turn required or it may tell you to make a right turn on Oak Street. Please do not turn on Oak Street or make a U-turn. It is a residential area and there are no easy exit streets. This is NOT accurate. There is a left turn lane located at the Entrance of our Resort! Most of the time the GPS will not recognize this update. Feel free to Call one of Team Members at River Plantation RV Resort for help finding our location or Enter your location into Google Maps Below! Check availability for your next vacation

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

our Garmin 606 LMT took us supposedly to parkway in pigeon forge, maybe 5 miles south. We did a u turn on the divided highway and called the resort. IF YOU see Walmart on your right side heading south,you are about 1 mile south.
Once we did turn around and headed north the gps was correct. Look carefully for the wooden western arch on the right side when heading north. It’s tricky to see because it gets lost among the other signs etc.

hope this helps.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
As you come up the hill from downtown Sevierville, you will see a red and white helicopter on the left with a monster truck behind it, a Marathon station and a car wash. There will be a left hand turn lane starting right at the end of the Marathon station which is where you turn left down the hill to the rv resort. Also there will also be a white wooden sign saying River Plantation RV Resort on the left. There used to be a Liberty Tax service on the also on the corner but not sure if the old brick building is still there.

JJC

Loco Burro Day!

Please read through the details below for venue and parking information.

We have 34 people signed up (list below) for Loco Burro this afternoon at 4p for drinks, eats, and various forms of merriment ;) The venue will have a table set up for 40 so we can accommodate last minute additions.

Transportation and Parking:
There is no organized transportation for this event as some people are hiking, others spending the day in Gatlinburg and others are going just in time. That being said, we encourage you to buddy up and car pool as best you can. Tuesday shouldn't be that busy in Gatlinburg, but parking can be a challenge, especially for those with Fat Thighs.

There is a large parking lot behind Loco Burro that I think is $10. A short distance away is Christ in the Smokies Museum and Gardens which charges $5, but you have to walk up a slight hill to get to the restaurant. The address is 510 River Rd, Gatlinburg, TN 37738. Regardless of where you choose to park, you should consider taking River Road as you enter downtown Gatlinburg. It will take you on the behind Loco Burro and is easier to navigate than 441 through the main shopping area.

The address, phone number, and web url for the Loco Burro are:

735 Parkway #1, Gatlinburg.
865-430-5624
https://www.localgoatpf.com/

Last NameCount Loco Burro
Barnett
Besand
Blyth
Clickner
Crousser
Cull
Eanes