EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TN, Sevierville - 5/9/2014 to 5/11/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
9 more days til Party Time in Tennessee :cool:. Everyone travel safely.

Travel information - The only way to come to Cove Creek RV Resort in Sevierville is by way of Exit 407 off I-40. DO NOT COME BY HWY 321 FROM MARYVILLE - ROAD IS TOO DANGEROUS PULLING A CAMPER.
Road construction - at the 407 exit as well as a section of Hwy 66 off of the interstate coming into Sevierville. Just travel slowly and safely.
If you have any questions, please feel free to call us at 865-776-1060 (Byrd's cell).

Rodbuster

Hey Byrd - are those directions for our benefit???????

We bought an RV friendly GPS after our "adventure" on the Dragon's Tail last summer.

GETnBYE

Sad to report that Wayne and I will have to leave the rally Saturday afternoon. Wayne has to be at work early Sunday morning. We don't want to cancel and miss all the early fun just because of an early departure. We will enjoy what time that we can. :)

jbeletti

Forgot about Wayne playing golf on Friday. Very thoughtful of you to share with someone in the group. This why we love our Heartland friends!

Anita - check my blog this Sunday night. I'll have lists, comments and pics of our Dollywood visit yesterday. Great time.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Nabo

Jim - are you visiting the RV Dreams Rally which started today. It's at River Plantation.

Not a problem Anita and plainly understand about this work thing. I just went back to work :(. Am I nuts or what???? I'm coming in on Tuesday so will see you then. Ken & Faye are already there so look them up when you get there. Ken will go play golf with Wayne.

GETnBYE

Thanks Byrd.
Jim, I will be sure to look at it. I was at Dollywood once during the down season when my daughter auditioned for the shows there. It seems weird while it was closed.
See everyone soon.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Well it's official, our new 3260EL came off line today and our dealer is trying to get it delivered in time for the rally.

Nabo

***Directions with landmarks***
The campground is about 8 miles on the left from stoplight #3 in Pigeon Forge. The road will be 4 lanes then down to 2 lanes thru the pass. Once in the Wears Valley area, look for:
Tennessee State Bank (on leftside)
Exxon Station (on leftside) [station is 1/10th miles from campground]
Hillbilly's Pancake House on leftside [will have an old pickup truck on a pole in front of pancake house] (Direction on website state Bear Camp Grill but it's no longer there)
Very next driveway is Cove Creek RV Resort. CG sign is hard to see because of all the other signs so go slowly.

Hope this helps everyone find the cg. There's not many places to turn around to come back to the cg so go slowly after you pass the Exxon Station.

Last edited:

Nabo

WOW - the rally continues to grow by leaps and bounds. Paul and Shelia Blackford just registered and will be bringing their new Big Horn. Glad to have ya.

Nabo

Ok - I need some help. Will someone volunteer (hint hint - you are in the volunteer state) to act as the rally photographer?
Thanks
Byrd

GETnBYE

I would do it if I were going to be there for the Saturday festivities. Sorry. Hope you find someone.
Ok - I need some help. Will someone volunteer (hint hint - you are in the volunteer state) to act as the rally photographer?
Thanks
Byrd

JanAndBill

***Directions with landmarks***
The campground is about 8 miles on the left from stoplight #3 in Pigeon Forge. The road will be 4 lanes then down to 2 lanes thru the pass. Once in the Wears Valley area, look for:
Tennessee State Bank (on leftside)
Exxon Station (on leftside) [station is 1/10th miles from campground]
Hillbilly's Pancake House on leftside [will have an old pickup truck on a pole in front of pancake house] (Direction on website state Bear Camp Grill but it's no longer there)
Very next driveway is Cove Creek RV Resort. CG sign is hard to see because of all the other signs so go slowly.

Hope this helps everyone find the cg. There's not many places to turn around to come back to the cg so go slowly after you pass the Exxon Station.

Byrd are there different directions for those of us with "Bighorns"? :)

Nabo

Byrd are there different directions for those of us with "Bighorns"? :)

I know Big Horns can be mountain goats but I don't know if I would try the HL Big Horns. They are not quite as sure-footed as our mountain goat friends. :rolleyes:

GETnBYE

If anyone has decided that they want a t-shirt and missed the order date, we will sell ours to you if you need a large and an x-lrg. We have to leave the rally early and won't be there on the day for wearing the shirts. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.