EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TN, Townsend - 8/5/2011 to 8/7/2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
I must have an allergy to ice cream because I seem to swell up in the mid section of my body when I eat a lot. But it's worth it!

trdeal

Past North Carolina Chapter Leader
I must have an allergy to ice cream because I seem to swell up in the mid section of my body when I eat a lot. But it's worth it!
My dad calls that "Done lap disease".He says his stomach has done lapped over his belt!

Nabo

Southeast Region Director-Retired
Yea - Ice Cream!! :)

Nathan has asked me to double check about golf on Friday. Right now we have Jim Dahlgren, Tom Combs and Nathan. Did I miss anyone???

convert

Reginald Hromek
Homemade ICE CREAM? Who would want to miss that? Two scoops for me,three for my wife and one for my good dog, and all will be well.

Nabo

Weather update:
Looks like the temps are heading back up and the possibility of rain decreased. Everyone - Think cool!!!

pdw

Byrd and Nathan, we know you two have organized a wonderful outing in Townsend and even though we can not attend we will be thinking of you--Pat is looking forward to the occassion when he can play golf with Nathan.

Pat and Marcia Weaver

lduguay

My dad calls that "Done lap disease".He says his stomach has done lapped over his belt!

AKA, Furnitures Disease, when your chest drops into your drawers.........Terry, I thought you would be familiar with that one being in the furniture biz :rolleyes:

trdeal

AKA, Furnitures Disease, when your chest drops into your drawers.........Terry, I thought you would be familiar with that one being in the furniture biz :rolleyes:
Lance,I guess that would be a chest in drawers instead of a chest of drawers!

ncc1701e

A couple more days before leaving, we plan to pull out Thurdsay morning getting into Townsend around 4PM on Thursday. Any idea what time on Friday for golf? I think Millie is looking foward to a nice quiet day under the awning without me (LOL).

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Hey Byrd what time are you getting there? We will be leaving Chatt. around 10, should take about 2-21/2 hrs. to get there. don't want to get into the traffic so we are getting off at highway 60 and going over to 411. Coming in that way. See you tomorrow.

Nabo

We got in about 4 today. The Hills are also here. Nathan got to run to work tomorrow til mid afternoon. Come on in.

superduty08

Tennessee Chapter Leaders
Well, I just finished the yard work and it's still 97 at 10 pm. We have had triple digits all week and broke new records today so I hope it's a little cooler in Townsend. We are mostly packed and leaving tomorrow night after work. We're stopping for the night at our farm near Selmer to make a run through the garden and leave early Friday morning. Hope to be there around 1. Davis Motorhomes and D&D RVs, our local Heartland dealer in Memphis, donated several door prizes. See ya'll soon!

Nabo

Thanks superduty08 getting the door prizes. As for the heat - well folks, it's here. Might want to bring your cool wraps.

jbeletti

The Belettis have arrived in Townsend! This was the shortest rally commute ever for us. About 95 miles in all. Nancy took a nap and woke up as we pulled into Big Meadow Campground.

Went out to dinner at Timbers with about 16 Heartlanders tonight. The fun has begun!

Jim

Nabo

What a great day Thursday was. The rally hasn't officially started but we have 10 coaches already in. The weather still has not cooporated yet -breaking another record high but we still managed to survive and have fun getting to know everyone again. 8 couples went out for supper at a local restuarant called Timbers and guess what - the heat destroyed their a/c but the food was good and everyone had a great time talking and wiping the sweat off. The waitress was wonderful trying to keep the ice and cold drinks coming. I think the golfing group is going to try to move their tee time to a morning session. Hope that works.

porthole

Retired
Looking at your current temps there - 81 - looks like you need to add another 24 degrees to catch up to our Delaware rally!

Just something to look forward to :p In August 2007 I did a bike trip throuhg htat whole area. The temps hit 106 at the top of Clingman's Dome - 6400 feet. BTW - I highly recommend that as a side trip, the view is awesome.

lmcclure

1st Tennessee Member#1084
Porthole, you might want to refresh the site that showed 81, I don't think that the temp ever got under 98 today, tonight we set upat least 15 fans to cool down the pavillion. No matter it is still great to be here. This is our first Heartland Rally and everyone here has made all of the first timers welcome. I hope that the Delaware rally is a great one also. Right now we all want to attend the Alaskan Rally. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.