EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: TX, Abilene - 3/15/2019 to 3/17/2019

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please put us down for the BBQ

Mark & Peggy Turnbough

Hey All,

We have decided to encourage a Thursday night event since the majority of the attendees will be here. You do not have to attend, if you don't want to, this is just a casual get together, self-pay. Get there on your own.

Thursday, March 14th is All-you-can-eat Pork Rib night at Stillwater BBQ in Abilene. (around $18 per person with a drink.) If pork ribs aren't your thing, they have a full menu of other BBQ items. They also have free beer (cans, misc. brands).

Plan to arrive at about 5:00pm. It takes about 15 minutes to get there from the RV Park.
Better parking for trucks behind the restaurant.

Expect a little bit of a wait in line to place/receive your order, then sit down to eat.

If you plan to attend, please RSVP before Tuesday, March 12th, so we can give the restaurant a heads-up!

WRIGHT ll

retired Oklahoma Chapter Leaders
Hey All,

We have decided to encourage a Thursday night event since the majority of the attendees will be here. You do not have to attend, if you don't want to, this is just a casual get together, self-pay. Get there on your own.

Thursday, March 14th is All-you-can-eat Pork Rib night at Stillwater BBQ in Abilene. (around $18 per person with a drink.) If pork ribs aren't your thing, they have a full menu of other BBQ items. They also have free beer (cans, misc. brands).

Plan to arrive at about 5:00pm. It takes about 15 minutes to get there from the RV Park.
Better parking for trucks behind the restaurant.

Expect a little bit of a wait in line to place/receive your order, then sit down to eat.

If you plan to attend, please RSVP before Tuesday, March 12th, so we can give the restaurant a heads-up!

Barbara and I are a yes for the bbq restaurant.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gasman

Camp Socializer
Sign us up for the BBQ. Our arrival date may change. We will be there on the 13th or 14th.

TravelTiger

Founding Texas-West Chapter Leaders-Retired
More exciting news! Whistle Stop RV Resort is now one of our contributing sponsors!

They will be Sponsoring our Donuts at breakfast Saturday morning, and covering our Coffee for the ENTIRE Rally!

Also, we will have something for door-prize/auction night!

TravelTiger

I HAVE UPDATED THE RALLY AGENDA AS OF 3-6-19. Check Post 1 at the bottom to view. Make sure you are looking at the one labeled "Agenda UPDATE 3-6-19.jpg".

Also, be aware if you were given a specific site number when you booked your stay at Whistle Stop RV Resort, you may be in a different site when you arrive. The park has had some full-timers move out, and they may be rearranging the Rally Attendees' sites to be closer together and closer to the clubhouse, if possible. Thank you for your understanding in this matter.

TravelTiger

All, Another update, Torklift International is one of our Rally Sponsors, and I just got confirmation we will have a coupon for a set of GlowStep Revolution Steps as one of our Auction Items!

Tony and I plan to be arriving 3-9-19, we can hardly wait to get this Rally started!!

TravelTiger

For those that have already arrived at the Rally, some folks tend to congregate at the Clubhouse (Rally Hall) around 5pm for "Happy Hour" to visit. Also, there may be playing of dominoes or other games in the evenings. Come join us!

travelin2

Pennsylvania Chapter Leaders-retired
We’ll see all y’all tomorrow after leaving San Antonio area in morning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TravelTiger

Tonight, Tuesday March 12th, our weather is supposed to be potentially severe with high winds and severe thunderstorms, a potential for hail and tornadoes. The park is leaving the bath houses and clubhouse open for shelters with no code to get in. Please don't "ride it out" if you hear tornado sirens, go to the shelters! Be aware as storms are arriving after midnight.

Tomorrow we are under a high wind warning as well, so those traveling use discretion on whether you want to travel tomorrow or wait and arrive Thursday.

TravelTiger

Tonight, Tuesday March 12th, our weather is supposed to be potentially severe with high winds and severe thunderstorms, a potential for hail and tornadoes. The park is leaving the bath houses and clubhouse open for shelters with no code to get in. Please don't "ride it out" if you hear tornado sirens, go to the shelters! Be aware as storms are arriving after midnight.

Tomorrow we are under a high wind warning as well, so those traveling use discretion on whether you want to travel tomorrow or wait and arrive Thursday.

Well it appears we made it through the night. No really bad weather, just a lot of wind and rain.

Status
Not open for further replies.