EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: UT, Glendale - 9/27/2016 to 10/2/2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

TandT

Founding Utah Chapter Leaders-Retired
Trace, just called Bryce Zion campground and everything is set.. we are really happy to get in and be with everybody for this rally... Count us in for dinner and we can't wait to be there...Kirk....

Kirk,
Welcome! Glad you got your spot. We are really looking forward to it. Trace

Last edited:

TandT

Due to a cancellation, we currently have a space available at park #2/Bryce Zion RV Park. This is a Water and Electric only site. This should be a non-issue because if you find it necessary to dump during your stay we have a portable dump tank available and people willing to help you with that.

Please post to this thread, contact me through private message, or email if you would like to take this spot and I will tell you how to proceed. Thank you, Trace

Last edited:

TandT

Okay folks, I just visited both the parks again today and touched bases with the managers. I am now even more excited that this is going to be a great gathering. The two locations are going to work out fine as we are alternating activities between the two locations. Thanks again to my right hand man Mike Kuhn for taking the lead at Bryce/Zion RV Park.

Ron Russell The Titan Guy will be giving a short praesentation on disc brakes and trailer wheels and tires. He will also have some rally specials available for us on all items.

We have one spot available at location number two, Bryce/Zion RV Park
If you would like to take this spot please contact me by private message or email, or post to this thread. Thank you, Trace

navyAZ1

Hi there, sadly Miss Ann and I are going to have to cancel our reservation for your event, due to my upcoming spine surgery. I will not have enough time for my recovery and make it out to your event. Hope y'all have a great time.

happykraut

Hi there, sadly Miss Ann and I are going to have to cancel our reservation for your event, due to my upcoming spine surgery. I will not have enough time for my recovery and make it out to your event. Hope y'all have a great time.
Good luck on your surgery, Ron.

dix36

Hate to do it....but Dick and Reta Hill are cancelling participation in this rally. Spoke with Courtney at the CG and a few minutes ago to cancel. Hope all goes well for the rally. Have fun y'all.............

TandT

Hate to do it....but Dick and Reta Hill are cancelling participation in this rally. Spoke with Courtney at the CG and a few minutes ago to cancel. Hope all goes well for the rally. Have fun y'all.............

Sorry you can't make it. Thanks for the heads-up. Trace

gasman

Camp Socializer
Good afternoon everyone. During our stay here in Glendale we are planning an outing to the Tuacahn Outdoor Theater in St. George. This will be a pay your own way carpool affair, date and time to be announced. As Mike stated earlier Tuacahn produces Broadway quality shows that always get great reviews. Plus it is in a beautiful outdoor setting amongst the Red Cliffs. So just put it on your calendar if you would like to attend. This would be an evening performance. Thank you Trace

https://www.tuacahn.org/online/

Hey everybody, we are getting excited to see you all here. Just some additional information. The show schedule for Tuacahn is as follows: Monday - Peter Pan, Tuesday - Hunchback of Notre Dame, Wednesday(chuckwagon dinner night) - Tarzan, Thursday - Hunchback of Notre Dame, Friday(potluck/raffle night) - Peter Pan, Saturday - Hunchback of Notre Dame.
We will have lots of information for you for things to see and do. I hope you are getting pumped for a fun week in beautiful southern Utah.

TandT

Good morning everyone,
As this rally comes closer, I wanted to clarify a few details.

Logistically this rally is going to be situated near many very scenic areas including State and National Parks, which I'm sure most of you will want to visit. I will have a lot of information available for you on local area attractions when you arrive.

For that reason I haven't overloaded this rally with a complicated agenda. We are however, having two specific evenings of activities.

On Wednesday September 28th, we will be having our (BYO) Chuck Wagon cookout at Bauers RV Park. (park#1). Ron Russell, the Titan guy, will also be making a presentation on disc brakes, wheels and tires. Ron will be offering special discounts during this rally on the products he sells. He will not have technicians available in Glendale to do any installations. He will be selling products only for DIY or later installations. Arrangements may be made with Ron to do installations at a location in Las Vegas during The National Rally.

On Friday September 30th, at Bryce Zion RV Park (park#2), we will be having a meet and greet, potluck, campfire and raffle starting at 5 p.m. .
Each rig is being asked to bring a side dish, salad, or dessert to serve 6 to 8 people.. Each rig is also asked to bring a gift for the raffle with a value of around $10 to $20. Bring your own chairs and favorite beverage.

For those who like to partake in adult beverages, Utah sells 3.2 beer at most nearby convenience stores. Anything else, including wine, must be purchased at a state liquor store. The nearest State Liquor Store is approximately 30 minutes away in either Kanab or Springdale. Prices are not outrageous, but many of these items can be purchased for less elsewhere. I would suggest doing your shopping at you local Costco before you come to the rally. Beer Wine and Liquor are also available at most restaurants and bars.

Glendale is about 70 miles from any big box stores. There are small markets in the area with a good supply of food and other items. Prices are fairly reasonable. Again I would suggest planning ahead and doing most of your shopping at Walmart, Sam's or Costco. There is a super Walmart in Hurricane which is about an hour away from Glendale. There is also a Walmart in Cedar City.

Again as we talked about earlier, a group of us is planning to go to Tuacahn outdoor Amphitheater in St. George to see a play. This will be one evening probably on Tuesday or Thursday of our stay. There will be no reservations made and we will carpool and purchase our own tickets. The two shows that are available to see that week are the Hunchback of Notre Dame and Peter Pan. These are broadway-quality shows in a beautiful setting. I will take an informal poll when everyone arrives and we will make a decision on when to go.

If you have any questions, concerns, or ideas please feel free to contact me by private message or email. Or simply post to this rally thread.

Thanks to everyone who is coming to make this a super event and a great tune-up for the Las Vegas national rally!! Trace

Since I know some folks do not frequent The Forum on a regular basis, I will attempt to send this same information to everyone by a private message or email .

Last edited:

Cjackg

For those of us still trying to make plans to attend this Rally, can you recommend other nearby campgrounds that are within easy driving distance?

We will be in the region in Sept and are hoping to attend...

Jack & Nancy (Chattanooga TN)

TandT

For those of us still trying to make plans to attend this Rally, can you recommend other nearby campgrounds that are within easy driving distance?

We will be in the region in Sept and are hoping to attend...

Jack & Nancy (Chattanooga TN)

Call Ellen at Bryce/Zion RV Park which is park number two. We are inside the 30 day prior deadline for which she was going to hold spots. However, there may be a spot available. Please see the first post in this thread for details on the park. Trace

BigJim45

Luv'n Life
Anybody that has not made reservations for the pre rally at Vegas or is staying one extra day needs to call Oasis RV park ASAP and make that reservation NOW.

This was posted by the Club Mgr on other thread.

Lou_and_Bette

Trace wanted to let you know talked to the owners at Bauer's today. We need to bring our own firewood. They don't sell any here. I did see a sign down the street for firewood. Bette

TandT

Trace wanted to let you know talked to the owners at Bauer's today. We need to bring our own firewood. They don't sell any here. I did see a sign down the street for firewood. Bette

Yes, thank you Bette. That place up the street is the cheapest firewood around. Trace

TandT

Only a week away. The weather in the area is beautiful right now. Everyone travel safe and we'll see you there! Trace

Retired_Now

Hi Everyone,
Just discovered that I have a pin hole leak on the inside surface of the rim. We are in Holbrook, AZ on our way to the Utah Rally. Does anyone that has switched rims and still has the old rim want to bring it to the Utah or Las Vegas Rally to sell it? Attached is a picture of the one I need. Please PM me if you are able to help.View attachment 47787

danemayer

Hi Everyone,
Just discovered that I have a pin hole leak on the inside surface of the rim. We are in Holbrook, AZ on our way to the Utah Rally. Does anyone that has switched rims and still has the old rim want to bring it to the Utah or Las Vegas Rally to sell it? Attached is a picture of the one I need. Please PM me if you are able to help.View attachment 47787

Give Tredit a call. I think they have a lifetime warranty on rims.

Status
Not open for further replies.