EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: VA, Virginia Beach - 5/18/2012 to 5/20/2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

boatto5er

Founding VA Chap Ldr (Ret)
My guess on the bonus question is the Marine Corps. They still celebrate their birthday on Nov 10th every year. I believe the first official ball was around 1925.

wrong answer but I will hold off to give others the opportunity to answer.

Correct answer is The Marine Corps

boatto5er

Here's a couple of interesting notes on conveniences at the campground:

Beach parking lot for campground guests (space for 155 vechicles) 1 block from the beach. You'll need your mirror hang tag you get at registration. I think this is the best parking for going to the boardwalk.

Bicycle path to the beach and boardwalk - only 1.5 miles and flat! For those of you bringing bikes, although I suppose the more adventuresome could walk it.

Vtxkid

Duane, people have driven their GC's to Boneshakers at the corner of General Booth and Oceana Blvd (biker/ sports bar). and also over to the country store which is indirectly connected to the travel park but thats about it.

camperjohn08

My BigHorn 3010RE has been built.. hopefully it will be sitting on site 844 in May.. Still awaiting word on the delivery date and when it will be in my back yard to start stocking it up.. and installing the necessary goodies and back-up camera system.. Oh yea.. did I also say ... figuring out how to properly back her up too..:confused:
Now on that beer thing.. Will there be any left for the Rest of Us?? :cool:

Last word.. unit arrived @ the dealer on the 13th.. but now I have to wait for them to prep it, and add a couple of items I paid for but the "Factory" didn't install, even though it was on the contract build list.. bummmer..:(

Last edited:

porthole

Retired
Duane, people have driven their GC's to Boneshakers at the corner of General Booth and Oceana Blvd (biker/ sports bar). and also over to the country store which is indirectly connected to the travel park but thats about it.

Take my golf cart to a biker bar - don't think so Jerry, guess I'll have to bring the big wheels :cool:

dick12444

Unfortunately, plans have changed and we won't be able to make it to Virginia Beach. Hopefully, we will make the Fall Rally. We just cancelled our reservation for Super Site #847.
Dick and Debbie Hazel

boatto5er

Unfortunately, plans have changed and we won't be able to make it to Virginia Beach. Hopefully, we will make the Fall Rally. We just cancelled our reservation for Super Site #847.
Dick and Debbie Hazel

Dick and Debbie - hate to hear that. Hopefully we'll see you again soon!

Gus and Debra

hillsonwheels

Sorry.........we are not gonna make the rally. Continuing health issues with Ms. Reta are requiring lots of followup MD visits. We are trying to get her up and "rallying" as quickly as we can.

I"m gonna call the CG tomorrow and canx. So, our site should be available.

Safe trippin' to all who are gonna be able to make the rally.

Dick

boatto5er

Sorry to hear y'all won't make it, but Reta's health is much more important. Hope to see you down the road soon.

gschaaf

Dick sorry to here ya won't be at the rally. We hope Reta starts feeling better real soon and gets back on the rally trail.

Fran and Glenn

Vtxkid

Was looking forward to seeing you Dick. Hope things good good on the follow-ups with the DW. See you down the road!

JJnVA

Shur going to miss seeing you and Reta in Virginia Beach. Wishing much better health for Reta quickly. 'Til we meet again at the next Rally.....
Sorry.........we are not gonna make the rally. Continuing health issues with Ms. Reta are requiring lots of followup MD visits. We are trying to get her up and "rallying" as quickly as we can.

I"m gonna call the CG tomorrow and canx. So, our site should be available.

Safe trippin' to all who are gonna be able to make the rally.

Dick

JJnVA

We're now less than three weeks away from the VB Rally....just a reminder to bring at least two non-perishable food items for our Heartland Gives Back charity event benefitting the FoodBank of the Virginia Peninsula. Looking forward to seeing everyone at this fun HOC event!

boatto5er

We're now less than three weeks away from the VB Rally....just a reminder to bring at least two non-perishable food items for our Heartland Gives Back charity event benefitting the FoodBank of the Virginia Peninsula. Looking forward to seeing everyone at this fun HOC event!

Thanks for the great reminder. Also, keep in mind - We are supporting TWO Charities this year (Virginia Peninsula Food Bank and Samaritan House)- so bring items for both. With the number of folks we have coming, we should be able to give a lot to both and set the bar high for future rallies.

dieselsweetheart

We just might make this one. I put in for some time off on that Friday...since we moved, it seems we are about 4 hours away. Will keep you posted.

Status
Not open for further replies.