EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WA, Deer Park - 7/25/2014 to 7/27/2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

tenglish

Rod, obviously have not logged on in quite some time as we totally missed the info about the shirts. Saw you May 15 deadline..... is that still the case? If not we would like 2 shirts XL. No problem if we are too late. Also just got our rig back from being in the shop for 7 months to replace the entire TV cabinet area at the rear of the Bighorn. While in storage, a leak developed and ruined all the wood and electronics. Heartland was able to supply the exact same furniture but it has taken quite a while to have the local Heartland dealer here do the repairs. Anyway we are looking forward to the trip and meeting everyone.
Tom

For20hunter

Pacific Region Directors-Retired
Tom,

I will see if it's too late to get them ordered, but I am sure it will be just fine. Sorry to hear about the leak but glad it all got taken care of. What dealer or repair facility did the work?

I will let you know what they say about adding 2 more XL shirts. If not I did order one extra L and one extra XL so I know I can get you at least one XL.

Rod Ditrich

shelsay

Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WA, Deer Park (Spokane) - 7/25/2014 to 7/27/2014

Hi

Just decided we would like to join the rally. Called the RV park, and we have a reservation arriving July 24, and leaving on the 30th. Don't have a site assignment yet, since the gal who handles the group reservations is out for a week. Can we still order shirts? We'll be coming from Coos Bay via Mary Hill with the caravan.

Looking forward to seeing everyone.

Pat and Dave

ziggy

Retired Oregon HOC
Re: EVENT: Heartland Chapter Rally: WA, Deer Park (Spokane) - 7/25/2014 to 7/27/2014

That's great Pat! Will you be going to Maryhill with us or are you staying somewhere else on your way to Deer Park?

Kristy

For20hunter

That is Fantastic Pat and Dave!!! I will get a hold of Brad and ask about the shirts. If so what sizes and how many? A bunch of us are staying at Maryhill State Park from the 20th - 23rd on our way from the Oregon Rally and Jamboree. I am not sure if they have room at the park still, but if not there is Peach Beach RV Resort right next door.

Rod Ditrich

shelsay

Hi--

Assuming they are all men's sizes, we would want one XL and one small. If you can order women's sizes, then one XL and one medium.

Since we don't want such a long drive on Monday the 21st, we will leave Coos Bay on Sunday and stop for the night in Albany (about halfway to Maryhill). Maybe you can pick us up on your way north. Before we decided to go on to Deer Park, we made a reservation for three nights at Maryhill so we will arrive in Deer Park on Thursday.

Pat and Dave

For20hunter

They are men's so I will you you down for a Men's small and a Men's XL. I will call Brad tomorrow and see if I can get those shirts added to the order.

For20hunter

Today is the last day to get a T-Shirt, so if you are interested in having a Rally Shirt for the Rally, then please let me know ASAP!!! I currently have the T-Shirt Order posted on the bottom of the first post (in blue) so if your name is not on there, it is not getting ordered at this point and I would need to know ASAP.

Rod Ditrich
360-791-8179

For20hunter

UPDATE: Hey there Heartland golfers, I have two T-Times set and reserved for our group. One on Friday AM at 9:00 and again on Saturday at the same time. The T-Times are reserved in the name of Heartland Owners. The times have been updated on the first post of this thread.

Rod Ditrich

Last edited:

For20hunter

That is totally my fault, I thought you wanted a Small (mens) and an XL (mens)? Was that not the case? I must have misunderstood your post. I apologize. Which size are you wanting to order, the XL or the S?

Sincerely,

Rod Ditrich

Hi--

Assuming they are all men's sizes, we would want one XL and one small. If you can order women's sizes, then one XL and one medium.

Since we don't want such a long drive on Monday the 21st, we will leave Coos Bay on Sunday and stop for the night in Albany (about halfway to Maryhill). Maybe you can pick us up on your way north. Before we decided to go on to Deer Park, we made a reservation for three nights at Maryhill so we will arrive in Deer Park on Thursday.

Pat and Dave

shelsay

Sorry, guess I'm misreading your grid. We want one XL and one small.

Thanks so much for handling this so promptly.

Pat

For20hunter

Pat and Dave

There are a bunch of us leaving and driving to Maryhill on Sunday, however I believe there are a couple leaving on Monday and headed to Maryhill that day. I know that Mark and Kristy (ziggy) are one of those that might be able to pick you guys up on the way north. I believe the entire group is heading up to Deer Park from Maryhill on Wednesday the 23rd. I hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions.

Rod Ditrich

Pat and Dave

For20hunter

My pleasure. The 2ea. just refers to your total order and is the number the spreadsheet uses to calculate the total number at the top of the sheet. I guess it is a little confusing when you look at it. My bad. I have you down for 1 XL and 1 Small for a total of 2 shirts. Hope that helps clarify it. :)

Rod Ditrich

Sorry, guess I'm misreading your grid. We want one XL and one small.

Thanks so much for handling this so promptly.

Pat

For20hunter

HERE IS AN UPDATED POST OF THE RALLY. Please review and make sure it has everyone's correct information.

IMPORTANT TRIP AND ROUTE PLANNING ADVISORY: Here is some important information in regards to your route planning on getting to the Spokane RV Resort.This information was provided by Tom and Judy Meyers (TJFivers).
"The folks at Spokane RV Resort advised us when we planned our first trip with our new BigHorn. There is a low clearance trussel at the exit off I-90 onto 395N / Division Street into Spokane. The last time we talked to the WSDOT, they advised the clearance is 13' 3". Fortunately, they gave us two alternative exits, bypassing 395/Division, and reconnecting at the north end to continue up to Deer Park. (We took the Maple Street Exit off I-90 which was a street that ran parallel to 395 and curved back to it farther north to continue up to DP.) However, there were plans in motion to construct a new North-South 395 Corridor. Since last summer was the first summer for the past 5 years that we did not go to Deer Park, we don't know the status of that new construction. You may want to check with George at Deer Park and/or contact the Eastern Region of WSDOT to get an update so everyone can be advised".

Kelly and I have traveled this route many times in our 2013 2585rl Bighorn and although the overpass is marked with 13'3", this is the lowest point on the corners of the overpass (outside edges), which is actually 13'5" at those points but to compensate for vehicles not being level they left a 2 inch margin for error. The actual overpass height where the center of your rig would be going through is 13'10" so it should not be a problem for any of our rigs, but for those that do not want to risk it, and for those of us caravaning, if anyone is concerned, we will take the Maple St. exit and cross the river that way before crossing over to Division St and thereby missing the low clearance overpass. Thanks to Tom and Judy Meyers for reminding me of this!

Here is the structure listing from the City of Spokane and it lists the clearances (
https://static.spokanecity.org/documents/streets/maintenance/bridge-clearances-list.pdf):

LocationStructureMinimum ClearanceMaximum ClearancePosted Clearance
Division St Between Sprague and 1stRailroad Viaduct 13' 5"13' 10"13' 3" / 13' 10"
Rod Ditrich

Venue:
------------------------------

Details:
  • Number of sites held: 25
  • Site fee: $$32.40 plus tax ($35.70 total) per night.
  • Club Member Event fee: $0.00
  • Non-Club Member fee: $20.00
  • Potluck: Yes
  • Potluck date: 7/26/2014
  • Potluck time: 5:30 pm

• Event Leader: For20hunter(click to contact)

Additional Info:
This is a beautiful 5 star park (Good Sam Rated 10/10/9.5) with all the sites being 15' x 90' concrete pads with an additional 510 sq. ft. of patio space. This park is beautifully landscaped, the clubhouse has a large pool, sauna, exercise room and full kitchen and BBQ patio.

All sites are full hookup with 50 amp service, WiFi and cable television with over 60 channels without surcharges! Also included is a spacious family pavilion that we have reserved Friday evening, Saturday evening and Sunday morning.

Scheduled Events:

9:00 am Friday Morning: Golf T-Time for all Golfers

6:00 pm Friday Night: 50/50 Raffle and a meet and greet social event.

9:00 am Saturday: Golf T-Time for all golfers

2:00 pm Saturday: Spokane Police K-9 Demonstration

5:30 pm Saturday:
Pot Luck and Gift Raffle.

7:30-10:00 am Sunday: Breakfast provided by the Washington Chapter.

All the events are tentatively scheduled for the clubhouse.

The Spokane RV Resort is abutted to an 18 hole golf course that allows the guests of the Spokane RV Resort to golf for $20.25 (carts extra) (Monday through Friday anytime or after 2:00 pm on Weekends and Holidays (2013 rates). For T-Time Reservations call 509-276-5912. There is also a full service Restaurant at the Golf Course.

All of the 25 sites reserved are currently held for 1 week (July 23rd to July 29th) from Wednesday before the Rally to the Wednesday after the rally. They will be held until May 30th 2014 at which point any sites not reserved will be released back to the park for reservations. Please contact the park directly (website or by phone) before May 30, 2014 to make your reservations. Make sure you tell them that you are with the Heartland Owners Club.

MEMBERS ATTENDING:
NameUsernameChapterSite #ArriveDepart
Unassigned7
Tom and Marla EnglishtenglishWashington907/23/1407/30/14
Unassigned11
David and Patricia HoleshelsayOregon1307/24/1407/30/14
Sonja Nisson and Julie RogersSonjaOregon1507/21/1407/28/14
Deb and Jerry EarlsDEBJEROregon1707/23/1407/27/14
John and Deb KramerJDFishingCalifornia1907/23/1407/30/14
Mark and Kristy CarlsonZiggyOregon Chapter Leader2107/23/1407/30/14
Carlos & Kindra BenavidezMosesWashington2307/23/1407/28/14
Rod and Kelly DitrichFor20hunterWashington Chapter Leader2507/23/1407/30/14
Dave and Linda TullisDLTWashington4607/25/1407/28/14
Paul and Candace HardtpaulhIdaho4807/23/1407/30/14
Dick and Dianna GarciadjgarciaCalifornia5007/23/1407/30/14
Bob and Kim WalterSeattlelionWashington5207/25/1407/28/14
Doug MilenderDougMilenderMontana5407/23/1407/30/14
Unassigned55
Bruce & Carol McLaughlinManzanWashington5607/23/1407/28/14
Dean and Jodi MadisonShovelguyOregon5707/23/1407/29/14
Rick and Joyce MoronesrickandjoyceWashington5807/25/1407/29/14
Dick and Fran BernardRodbuster Florida5907/23/1407/30/14
Jeff and Wendy GerbingJeffgerbingWashigton6007/23/1407/28/14
Doug and Doris AndersonGrampafishWashington6107/23/1407/28/14
John and Jan DitrichjmditrichWashington6207/23/1407/30/14
Dave & Yvonne DirksenDirksen-2Washington6307/25/1407/27/14
Unassigned65
Tom and Judy MyersTJFiversWashington6607/22/1407/28/14
Unassigned67

Rally Extras
Shirts = 29 ea.Fishing = 4 ea.Golf
Ziggy 2ea. (XL & XL)Jdfishing (Fly)Jdfishing
Manzan 2ea. (S & XXL)Granpafish (Fly)Granpafish
Granpafish 2ea. (M & L)Rodbuster (Salmon Charter)Rodbuster
Rodbuster 2ea. (M & XXL)SeattleLion (not fly)Tjfivers
For20hunter 2ea. (L & L)Rickandjoyce
Jdfishing 2ea. (M & L)Paulh
Shovelguy 1ea. (XL)Moses
Dirksen-2 2ea. (XL & L)Jeffgerbing
Moses 2ea. (XL & L)
Jeffgerbing 2ea. (XXL & M)
tenglish 2ea. (XL & XL)
Shelsay 2ea. (XL & S)
jmditrich 2ea. (XL & M)
nisson 2ea. (M & XXL)
​SeattleLion 2ea. (XXL & XL)

Last edited:

For20hunter

Anyone wishing to stay at Maryhill State Park from the 20th - 23rd of July with the group better make reservations now, as I know their space is very limited. If by chance they fill up, the Peach Beach RV Resort is right next door to Maryhill State Park.

Rod Ditrich

Sonja

I received your email, Rod, and really appreciate it. We are new members this year and this is our first rally (it is also our first attempt at replying to anyone, so I hope you get it.)
If it is not too late, we would like 2 T shirts (one medium and one 2x). Medium name Sonja 2X name Julie If it is too late for that, it is not a problem.
There will be two of us: Sonja Nisson and Julie Rogers. We are very excited about the rally, meeting folks, and having fun. I am available for golf for sure. Julie is recovering from surgery and hopes to be available for golf by that time. We are arriving early in the week. Looking forward to meeting you- Sonja

Grampafish

Washington Chapter Leaders-Retired
Sonja, Welcome to the forum. Our first Heartland rally was also the Washington chapter. It was Kelly and Rod's first time hosting and they did an awesome job. We met a lot of really nice people and and learned quite a few things about our rig and RVing in general. We are expecting to have a great time this year as well. Looking forward to meeting you and Julie.

Status
Not open for further replies.